The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Out of 10, how happy was he?

And under the same scale, how unhappy was Hughes that Tanev was let go? (your choice if you want to consider the fact that the guy they booted him out for has also just been booted out a year later).

Horvat's the captain, in case you're still pretending to watch Canucks hockey, which I doubt it.

1 minute ago, Dazzle said:

Horvat's the captain, in case you're still pretending to watch Canucks hockey, which I doubt it.

Great dodge.

At least this time you replied with something when you lost the argument, usually you just disappear.

:gocan:

Edited by kanucks25
  • RoughGame 1

6 minutes ago, appleboy said:

I see some of you are preparing to wear bags on your head. 

Just in case this goes sideways  

Lol

I'm proud to cheer for the Canucks team, regardless of who the freaking GM is, unlike some people.

Apparently we are somehow the "benning bros" - what a ridiculous statement.

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Great dodge.

At least this time you replied with something when you lost the argument, usually you just disappear.

:gocan:

Says the guy who TRIED TO ARGUE in failure about Gillis' magical GMing abilities, while completely disregarding his failures. Yeah, I remember that. :picard:

You suck.

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I mean that if you look pretty much anywhere else, the general thought is that Benning hasn't exactly done a great job.

It's the opposite here, but only here.

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience".

Quite Trumpian, actually.

"This will be the greatest rebuild ever, people tell me, all the time, it's remarkable. Everywhere I go the people say it. We're doing a great job."

Yeah, our team looks awful now.   Benning has done a fantastic job cleaning up the mess left for him by the idiot he replaced, especially since the real rebuild didn't start until the Sedins retired.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

10 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

I mean that if you look pretty much anywhere else, the general thought is that Benning hasn't exactly done a great job.

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience.

"This will be the greatest rebuild ever, people tell me, all the time, it's remarkable. Everywhere I go the people say it. We're doing a great job."

you still got that mountebank living rent free in your head? 

:sick:

might want to flush that golden toilet.

and that's a cool 'quote' you posted.  same source?

Edited by oldnews
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

The results support one "side", I'll let you guess which one. The other can only offer meaningless rhetoric having to do with "the plan" and "patience".

In a poll today of 31 GMs, 27 thought that Benning had a week of multiple home runs

Ok - I just made that up, but it is as valid as the bolded sentence quoted.  Cite evidence of this  "general thought" and "pretty much anywhere else", other than our media hacks who have their own agendas

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Then, why are all these people out there...not posting here?

You know, on the forum of the actual NHL team.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Googlie said:

In a poll today of 31 GMs, 27 thought that Benning had a week of multiple home runs

Ok - I just made that up, but it is as valid as the bolded sentence quoted.  Cite evidence of this  "general thought" and "pretty much anywhere else", other than our media hacks who have their own agendas

Good luck with that answer. 

• Cheers 2

59 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I’m a little surprised Benning has had zadarov big mean has played right side almost his whole career black hawks have 600k in space I think he could be had for free

What?

52 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Zadorov is an RFA - you'd have to acquire his rights.

Are you suggesting Chicago would practically give them away?

He is literally saying Zadarov could be had for free.

42 minutes ago, Scottydzik said:

I’m suggesting I bet he could had for c prospect and maybe a 4th yep they have no cap for him

Would you please make up your mind!

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, T-Bo said:

Bezos does not hire people who have not done the job before, and dole out over 560M over 7 years training them. Oh, and that same guy is saying 3 years before contending, that’s a ten year rebuild.

"Oh, and that same guy is saying 3 years before contending,"

I'd like a  link to that please.

1 minute ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

A lot of arguing considering we broke even on Schmidt. 

This place is stupid sometimes. 

Yep.  Either Benning made a good trade to get him, or he made a good trade to get rid of him.  The haters are doing mental gymnastics trying to convince themselves neither is the case.

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Two years ago he had less term on his contract, and he's still a decent player. Just happens to be way overpaid for what he brings. If I'm a rebuilding team in need of players to fill out a roster and Tampa is willing to ship a first to get rid of Johnson, I'd take it.

Just happened