The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Nate Schmidt to Jets for 2022 3rd-round pick

On 8/2/2021 at 9:30 PM, viking mama said:

Who else was battling for the rights to deploy Loui Erksson & at that  money or term? The fact that big contracts were being awarded, does not justify Loui Ericksson being offered such a reward! 

Loui’s chumminess with Benning (BOS) as well as the Sedins (Team-Sweden), uber-tempted JB to over-sell LE’s worth & potential to the Aquilinis. He clearly over-paid the player & promised far more to the fans than LE could ever-possibly deliver. No other GMs were  chomping at the bit to sign Loui Ericksson, at that kind of money &  term. 

Loui was looking to avoid being bounced around, was already in decline, & simply hoped to resurrect his career & do special things upon reunification with the Sedins, which as we saw - never happened.  

Ignoring evidence and restating your point doesn't mean you are supporting it.

Lots of UFAs were awful that year, but you didn't even address that. Look at your blatant hate for the Loui lol.

3 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

He scored his first game. 

Against us lol

The entire acquisition had bad juju placed on it. Can you imagine if Eriksson continued his pace from the previous years? No one would say a word about it.

Is is not ironic that when people suggest trading a Canuck that can improve the team either by player or cap, some get defensive, saying how good they are and what they bring, but then when traded immediately, they repeat what others had been saying earlier, and say good riddance?:mellow:

On 8/5/2021 at 2:13 PM, ba;;isticsports said:

Is is not ironic that when people suggest trading a Canuck that can improve the team either by player or cap, some get defensive, saying how good they are and what they bring, but then when traded immediately, they repeat what others had been saying earlier, and say good riddance?:mellow:

It’s like breaking up with someone…

You don’t see clearly until after the decision. Then you’re like… wow… I’m glad that happened.

Edited by Me_
  • Hydration 2

On 8/5/2021 at 11:13 AM, ba;;isticsports said:

I see your point. For a player like Schmidt, the trade seems to confirm that he didn't like it here. It's possible that it's not the city that he dislikes, but rather he did not fit with the personnel. Totally speculating - maybe he's a Covid denier? Honestly, something else seems to have caused him to want out this badly. After the trade has happened, I guess a lot of fans are glad he's gone if he doesn't want to be here.

I think a lot of ppl wanted Rous traded. Beagle and so forth were costing way too much for their duties as well, even though they were solid character guys.

As for Gaudette, there were some rumours surrounding him about Covid that may have been the reason for why the team got it. But at the same time, there wasn't really a room for him. I'm sure lots of Canucks hoped he'd play better, but he didn't.

If Boeser got traded though, I don't think ppl will be too happy, even if the return was excellent.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Like 1