The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] RHD available on the UFA market

Just now, The Listening said:

Our d-core would look amazing if he somehow pulled it off, but considering we haven't signed Petersson or Hughes and we still have to fill a few spots on the roster, it looks more like a pipedream than reality. If Benning can sign him for 6-6.5, then MAYBE, but Hamilton probably wants 8-9 as well as term.

I was partly kidding, but JB has done a bunch of stuff I wouldn't have believed 2 weeks ago, so who knows.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

Because Jimbo is in survival mode 

Not from my perspective.  He is being bold because he thinks the team is better than most think and the Pacific will be weak this year.  

Let's remember, this is a business and the point is to win, ie. make money, not to be in perpetual "future" mode. 

Edited by Dixon Ward

4 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

For one add this to your OG post.

What's the scoop on Ceci, looking at age and value and points, he's seems like a decent one....

If we don't do something spectacular, Ceci would be my first choice.  26 and best all around of the RHD available.

OEL 7.25 Ceci 3

Hughes 6.5 Savard 4

OJ 1.5 Myers 6

Rathbone .9 Bowey .725

Brisebois Woo

• Cheers 1

24 minutes ago, IjustNEEDaTROYgamble said:

The fact that Jalen Chatfield and Alex Biega are Top 20 on the list with Gudbranson at 6?!? and Hamonic at 12 shows how weak the list is.

I really like Hakanpaa but he's 29 and will be demanding term.

I kind of hope the Canucks go after Brady Keeper. Former University of Maine player, has bounced around the Florida Panthers system. Could be a nice replacement for Chatfield as a #7 RD for this team and he'll be cheap to sign as a reclamation project.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Quantum said:

The fact that Jalen Chatfield and Alex Biega are Top 20 on the list with Gudbranson at 6?!? and Hamonic at 12 shows how weak the list is.

I really like Hakanpaa but he's 29 and will be demanding term.

I kind of hope the Canucks go after Brady Keeper. Former University of Maine player, has bounced around the Florida Panthers system. Could be a nice replacement for Chatfield as a #7 RD for this team and he'll be cheap to sign as a reclamation project.

That list is based on games played but yeah Gudbranson is still high on the list for RHD 

• Cheers 1