The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] RHD available on the UFA market

39 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m wondering if the Oilers will make Ethan Bear available if they resign Barrie?  Bear is 24 and plays the right side and tends to play a two way game if I understand correctly.  Blocks shots, etc.

Edmonton would be crazy to chose Barrie over Bear, Bear was one of Edmontons most underrated players for what he does

• Vintage 1

57 minutes ago, Patel Bure said:

I’m wondering if the Oilers will make Ethan Bear available if they resign Barrie?  Bear is 24 and plays the right side and tends to play a two way game if I understand correctly.  Blocks shots, etc.

Can't see why they would do that. They only have 7 D signed now (and Klefbom's health is a bit of an unknown right now) and so Barrie would give them 7 healthy defenders. They have $13m cap to sign Barrie + another 4 depth forwards. Think they will keep Bear.

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, BigTramFan said:

Can't see why they would do that. They only have 7 D signed now (and Klefbom's health is a bit of an unknown right now) and so Barrie would give them 7 healthy defenders. They have $13m cap to sign Barrie + another 4 depth forwards. Think they will keep Bear.

Wow Holland traded Bear for Foegle...

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/11/2021 at 6:23 PM, Patel Bure said:

Although it’s unlikely, I’m wondering if Madison Bowey can take a surprise leap in his game and help the Canucks this season?

I think Bowey is going to be in Abbotsford the entire year unless he shows Greener something to push Juolevi, Rathbone and Schenn