The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Lightning trade Tyler Johnson, 2023 2nd-round pick to Blackhawks for Brent Seabrook

2 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We should trade ferland. Probably the most valuable asset we have.

Truth.

In before @Petey_BOI tries to explain to Tampa's GM why they don't want Seabrook's LTIR :P

Ferland for Palat/Killorn please!

• Like 1
  • Wat 1

9 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

How does Seabrooke still have that much value?  Damn, I thought he had retired lol!

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe they’ll just put Seabrook’s contract on LTIR and get more cap space that way.

Just now, Beary Sweet said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Maybe they’ll just put Seabrook’s contract on LTIR and get more cap space that way.

Of course they are. Everyone knows seabrook is never playing a game again. Gives tampa almost 7 mill for ltir

• Wat 2

3 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's totally BS. EVERYONE knows that Seabrook is not playing - much like the Clarkson contract.

Lightning takes on something to maximize its space. It's pure cap circumvention. Meanwhile, we're stuck with a Luongo retention + Ferland LTIR.

Time to trade Ferland for a 2nd to. Cap crunch team then we just don’t have to put him on LTIR to a team who doesn’t have a guy they can place and need the space

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Truth.

In before @Petey_BOI tries to explain to Tampa's GM why they don't want Seabrook's LTIR :P

Ferland for Palat/Killorn please!

Truth.  I mean, u typically can only win the cup once or twice by taking advantage of LTIR... otherwise it's a dreadfully bad thing for your team.  

So remember, you can only win the cup once or twice by doing this.  So it's bad mmmkay?

• Haha 1

Tampa did a salary dump (Johnson) and it cost them a second round pick and they cover the portion of Seabrook's salary not covered by insurance. They gain nothing with the LTIR just as we gain nothing with Ferland's LTIR.

“Seabrook's contract is likely insured, so the acquiring club would get 60 percent of his salary back from the insurance. It's usually 80 percent, but that drops to 60 percent once a player hits 35 years of age.