The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Ryan Getzlaf to sit on offer from the Ducks' while testing free agency tomorrow: LeBrun

1 minute ago, Johnny Torts said:

I wonder if he wants to be the 4C on a contender? 

:bigblush:

yeeee

In honesty wouldn't be surprised if he reunited on MTL's 4th line with Perry. Also some chatter around Edmonton being interested

Would love to see him here tho. Give him two high motor wingers in Motte and Highmore and all he has to do is be a stable presence

• Cheers 1

He’s still good defensively, and can win faceoffs. Not to mention he can probably contribute some points. Imagine him on our third line :0 So much size, imagine this line crumbling top lines in the playoffs. 

Pearson-Getzlaf-Podkolzin

But he’ll probably sign for $3 or $4 million somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Johnny Torts said:

Not on this team.

If he’s still good enough to be a 2nd C on a team, said team is not a contender.

He's better suited to a 3rd line role with energy players/secondary scorers. He can win draws and be the 2nd unit PP.

If he's willing to take a 1 year 35+ bonuses deal I'd bring him in. Good leadership qualities and isn't afraid to play hard at times.

Edited by Junkyard Dog

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

He's better suited to a 3rd line role with energy players/secondary scorers. He can win draws and be the 2nd unit PP.

If he's willing to take a 1 year 35+ bonuses deal I'd bring him in. Good leadership qualities and isn't afraid to play hard at times.

3C/4C role on a cheap deal for a shot at the cup. I’m down for it. Short flight home for him and will be in California often.