The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Brandon Sutter re-signing in van

1 minute ago, Junkyard Dog said:

We have payed you enough Brando. Reward us with 1M or under.

Agreed. He had that one good game last year. He is too much of a passenger to get anything substantial.

• Thanks 1
  • Vintage 1

I'm fine with bringing him back, as long as it's cheap and he's willing to play a reduced role. We do have a lack of decent centers in our bottom six. He does generally play pretty well when he's healthy.

Hopefully playing a reduced role will help him stay healthy.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Bertuzzipunch said:

I don’t mind the signing at all if it’s 2 million or under.  The Canucks will need a good RH face off guy that can kill penalties and provide bottom 6 scoring.  If Boyd wants to test free agency, then I have no problem at all in bringing Sutter back.

• Cheers 1

I'd be fine with Sutter as a 4c, at a lower cap he's certainly not a bad option. Bottom line is we do need someone to PK and take defensive zone draws, and he's a capable defensive player. 

Sutter at 2m or less ain't a problem, Sutter at 4.3m was. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, Patel Bure said:

I don’t mind the signing at all if it’s 2 million or under.  The Canucks will need a good RH face off guy that can kill penalties and provide bottom 6 scoring.  If Boyd wants to test free agency, then I have no problem at all in bringing Sutter back.

Dude Sutter scores like 5 goals in 2 games then disappears for 30. He won’t provide you with any offence.