The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumor] Brandon Sutter re-signing in van

1 hour ago, Slegr said:

Agreed. He had that one good game last year. He is too much of a passenger to get anything substantial.

We are talking about him being a 4th line C, nothing more. 

1 hour ago, Wayne Glensky said:

Dude Sutter scores like 5 goals in 2 games then disappears for 30. He won’t provide you with any offence. 

As a 4th liner what he can bring offensively is fine. 9 goals in 40+ games last year is pretty good bottom 6 contribution.

He's still got a good shot & is capable of burying when he gets opportunities. We've seen offensive black holes on the 4th line (Eriksson, Schaller, Boyd, Hawyrluk, exc.) that provide less. 

6 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

What's the deal with Jujhar Khaira? Are they not considering this guy as well?

I guess he's had concussion issues?

I think we should consider him, but given our need for a RH faceoff/PK guy, he wasn't filling that anyways.

Don't think its a one or the other thing, I'd like to bring Jujhar in on wing. 

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I guess he's had concussion issues?

I think we should consider him, but given our need for a RH faceoff/PK guy, he wasn't filling that anyways.

Don't think its a one or the other thing, I'd like to bring Jujhar in on wing. 

That's such a shame. Surrey boy, only 26. He'd be living a dream I think.

2 hours ago, Phil_314 said:

Something tells me Jimbo rewards him with a NTC...
Hoping around $1 million.

I'm okay with a NTC if it's under 2 mil/year for a maximum of 2 years. 

Sutter was good for us when he was healthy. Pretty clutch in the playoffs too. 

Millsy/Petey/Boes. Off1

Hogs/Bo/Garland.  Off2

Pears/Dickinson/Pods  Def

Motte/(Getz)/lockwood /mac Off3 low minute

OEL/ (Savard,Edmunson) shut down

Hugs/Hamonic Off1

Boner/OJ/Myers Off2 lower minute

Schenn (reserve or put in for heavier effect)

I might even throw 2 mil at Eagle. But only for splitting time with Schenner or covering for injuries, not top 4 minutes

not sure who else we can get to play with OEL, but trend towards puck mover paired with steady d who is mobile 

2 hours ago, Chip Kelly said:

He can f off if its anything over 1 mil.

Guy needs to eat some cheeseburgers or get in the gym not enough bulk or strength for a traditional 4 liner.

Was hoping he was not brought back...:sick:

Well you're in luck. At this point he hasn't signed anything.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Sutter is made out of glass; and hopefully, this rumoured re signing is for a position in the coaching staff.

Hopefully the deal is very similar to the rumoured deal that Schenn is getting cause with his injury history he will just be a waist of cap - time to move

Edited by ShawnAntoski

2 hours ago, fanfor42 said:

Re-signing Sutter sounds more like lazy aw shucks why not, than a choice that fits the positive direction this off season has been taking so far.  So I'm not for it.

Move on please.

When you look at who is out there who can win faceoffs at the rate Sutter does and play a solid shutdown style you start to see a shrinking list for a 4th line center. Danault is close to him in terms of faceoff % then it really goes downhill. Danault I doubt with his roles to date would likely not take the million range as a 4th C.

Sutter provides value to the team. 

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

When you look at who is out there who can win faceoffs at the rate Sutter does and play a solid shutdown style you start to see a shrinking list for a 4th line center. Danault is close to him in terms of faceoff % then it really goes downhill. Danault I doubt with his roles to date would likely not take the million range as a 4th C.

Sutter provides value to the team. 

Really hard to argue against this. His faceoffs shine, period. Hopefully they find a number that matches both sides.