The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Oilers trade Ethan Bear to Hurricanes for Warren Foegele

3 minutes ago, c00kies said:

WF is a great top-9 forward too! I hate the Oilers, but this is a solid trade for them.

yes.

He is the solution for their thrid line. I guess he is going to play as 3C on the Oilers team. Great pick up for the Oilers.

• Hydration 1
4 minutes ago, Wolfgang Durst said:

yes.

He is the solution for their thrid line. I guess he is going to play as 3C on the Oilers team. Great pick up for the Oilers.

I'm not sure how the oilers forward lines will end up, but they do have some options now. They still need to upgrade goaltending, but maybe that's next year...

Great deal for Oil. Ethan is trash in the crunch time of playoffs and it showed with his ice time.. dude is benched for 3 periods after terrible play on a goal against then first shift back on the ice in that elimination game and he kills the PK then line changes blindly (albeit McDavid didn’t get the puck deep for a change but still) and Barrie who replaces him on the ice can’t catch Connor on breakaway..

His whole team was choked at him and he looked like Ben Simmons out there in handshake line… dude knew he played his last game as an Oiler.

Shouldn’t be a shock to anyone that he was traded if u watched oilers games… Terrible under pressure and Holland was smart to play up how much they “liked Bears game” :/ .. why bash a player like 76ers did. All it leads to is no trade value!

Ceci to the Oilers? Hilarious? Is that to replace Barrie? Don't they realize they don't have to replace Barrie because they already have Bouchard. Maybe this makes sense for depth, but for 3 years. That's a big chunk of change. 

Oilers need depth and scoring from bottom 6.

They acquired a good forward who will do that for Oilers.

I liked Bear. But this is a good trade. There was no room for Foegle in CAR

Replace Bear with Ceci and this team got better.  

Edited by WHL rocks

The Oilers are probably expecting Evan Bouchard to be a regular next year.  Foegele helps their forward group, very versatile guy.  There were some proposals of a Schmidt trade to Carolina involving Foegele which would have been intriguing.

Doesn't seem like that long ago they were really high on Bear? Wouldn't be surprised if he asked for a trade. 

Man, that defense is a tire fire. 

I agree this is a good pick up for the Oilers but not really sure how it makes them a better team. they add Hyman to McDavid's line but who again will be playing with Draisaitl?

Hyman - McDavid - Puljujarvi

Hopkins - Draisaitl - Yamato

Kassian - Ryan - Foegle

Shore - Turris - ????

Doesn't scream playoff success to me lol and don't even get me started with the Defense 

Mark my words - you will be seeing a lot of Conor-Leon-Hyman this year just like every year with the Coilers and another 1st round exit - they are still a one line team