The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Brandon Sutter

4 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

Not a fan for some reason but a good deal and we know what we are getting.

Yup an offen injured plug that turnoffs every check and refuse to throw a single body check just what we need on the bottom line. 
wouldn’t want to UPGRADE lol sutters a huge down grade over beagle. But he’s cheaper so sucking is ok. 

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 3

Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin
Motte-Sutter-MacEwan
Highmore

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Schenn
Edler-Rathbone
Juolevi

Demko
Halak

Looks like a great team assuming Edler resigns here for a cheaper sunset contract as well. 
  • Like 1

Just now, 250Integra said:
Miller-Pettersson-Boeser
Hoglander-Horvat-Garland
Pearson-Dickinson-Podkolzin
Motte-Sutter-MacEwan
Highmore

OEL-Myers
Hughes-Schenn
Edler-Rathbone
Juolevi

Demko
Halak

Looks like a great team assuming Edler resigns here for a cheaper sunset contract as well. 

Highmore was listed as a centre in a lot of sites.... just wish he could do a decent job at C so he could offer us even more options... but I like him as our extra forward!! I don't think Schenn at this stage is good enough to be our full-time D-man though... more like rotating with Hunt as extras??

3 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Wouldn't it be funny if Sutter suddenly breaks out and outperforms Dickinson and reclaim the 3C spot?? ^^  not saying I want that to happen but..... ya never know!

Good chance cause he will be playing for a contract; unless, his last deal was enough and he can just play his game

• Like 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

Yup an offen injured plug that turnoffs every check and refuse to throw a single body check just what we need on the bottom line. 
wouldn’t want to UPGRADE lol sutters a huge down grade over beagle. But he’s cheaper so sucking is ok. 

You don't "upgrade" the 4C position, because you need the Cap space to resign two very important RFAs.....

What is "sucking" here is your ability to evaluate a professional hockey roster.

Edited by RUPERTKBD
  • Haha 2

Just now, ShawnAntoski said:

Good chance cause he will be playing for a contract; unless, his last deal was enough and he can just play his game

Agreed mate!! Sutter is not even that old... in early 30's still and got lots of gas in the tank if healthy... he needs to bulk up more for the love of God!!!!

So with this signing we've plugged a hole in our lineup for super cheap. Assuming Halak signs for something similar to the 2.25 mill he got last year, and Petey and Hughes eat up roughly 15 mill, and we sign Schenn for a mill, that leaves us with something like 10 or 11 mill to work with if my math is correct. 

I'm wondering if Benning has something up his sleeve.

Or maybe I just suck at math.

1 million for sutter hell yes...

good man sutter the whole city will love you this year! 

having him C our energy line and being able to have pearson on our third Line. This is looking like championship level depth for our forward group

7 minutes ago, RakuRaku said:

Agreed mate!! Sutter is not even that old... in early 30's still and got lots of gas in the tank if healthy... he needs to bulk up more for the love of God!!!!

During his six years with the Nucks he has missed a good percentage of games due to injury (somewhat skeptical about his off ice training & prep); and I liked him prior to the deal and during the deal (from my POV), he was coasting on & off the ice (as indicated by the gaffes he wasn’t suppose to be making on the ice given his reputation as a defensive minded forward).   This one year deal is his true value and the contract he deserves after six years of .... - well earned !

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, ShawnAntoski said:

During his six years with the Nucks he has missed a good percentage of games and I liked him prior to the deal and during the deal (from my POV), he was coasting on & off the ice (as indicated by the gaffes he wasn’t suppose to be making on the ice given his reputation as a defensive minded forward).   This one year deal is his true value and the contract he deserves after six years of ....

I think he had better luck with his health and conditioning last season as opposed to prior ones... $1M is a huge bargain for his experience, leadership, face-offs, PK.... if he can play 80%+ of next season, we'll be blessed!

• Upvote 1