The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Devils sign Dougie Hamilton

Hamilton puts up points wherever he goes, and even in seasons where his points were down his goals were up. Finally found a team to give him a long term deal at big money. Time to see if he keeps putting up points now that he got the bag.

6 hours ago, Dixon Ward said:

He is not a Hedman, Weber, Pietrangelo type.  He is a very good player, will make them better, but is not the all around rock wins you a Cup.  IMHO this is an overpayment and Hamilton is just chasing money, not wins.

Umm.  Maybe not Hedman.   But the guy is like Weber was at his age.   And three years younger then AP in his walk year.   Doesn't matter if your a traditionalist/eye test guy or an advanced analytic guy,  Hamilton is better then AP is now and should be for quite some time.   And has been the past four years too.  

Edit:  AP in Vegas at 8.5 or Hamilton in NJ - pretty much the exact take home pay as well. 

Edited by IBatch

2 minutes ago, IBatch said:

Umm.  Maybe not Hedman.   But the guy is like Weber was at his age.   And three years younger then AP in his walk year.   Doesn't matter if your a traditionalist/eye test guy or an advanced analytic guy,  Hamilton is better then AP is now and should be for quite some time.   And has been the past four years too.  

Edit:  AP in Vegas at 8.5 or Hamilton in NJ - pretty much the exact take home pay as well. 

I don't see him as a guy who owns every shift he is on.  I could be wrong. 

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

I don't see him as a guy who owns every shift he is on.  I could be wrong. 

I watched AP closely last season in the bubble because i was very interested.   Aside from that won't say much other then he was slow, good positioning and tall.   

7 hours ago, RWJC said:

They won’t have to. QH will just refuse a new contract and utilize the NMC NTC clause he’s about to receive to force his way to NJD.  The question is what will be the return?

btw, I’m being cautiously sarcastic about this.

RFA contracts can't have trade clauses.

• Hydration 1

That's a lot of dough, Jersey could be a team to watch over the next few years. Some young, top end talent and some high powered vets. Lot of pieces to go, but not as bad as it once looked. 

Just now, aGENT said:

RFA contracts can't have trade clauses.

Thank you.

But…perhaps that means he will be traded to NJ even earlier then?!??!??

Gotta give the QH/Nux haters some ammo. They must feel really depressed right now. 

35 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I like him but Hamilton is no Weber no Petro. 

NJD overpaid by 1 mill per year to get him. They had to overpay to get him to a bottom feeder. 

19 minutes ago, RWJC said:

Thank you.

But…perhaps that means he will be traded to NJ even earlier then?!??!??

Gotta give the QH/Nux haters some ammo. They must feel really depressed right now. 

I'd consider it if they wanted to send an over pay of Smith, Bahl, 1st etc.

19 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

I like him but Hamilton is no Weber no Petro. 

NJD overpaid by 1 mill per year to get him. They had to overpay to get him to a bottom feeder. 

Not what the analysis says.   Or the experts.   Hamilton was on his way to winning a Norris when he broke his leg.   And AP is IMO an anchor for Vegas.   He could have got the same deal in St. louis but ended up going for 34.6% tax and one year less for probably a team that could win a cup a wash in the end as far as net take home goes.   At 30.    Big mistake i think (for Vegas).    Hamilton stacks up well in the top five of any stat the last four years and is tops in a few (including goal scoring, despite his broken leg), when is the last time Weber scored 18 or so goals anyways?   Weber is retiring or going on the LTIR - but like Weber in his prime, nobody scored more goals then him over a 4 year period (i'm actually not sure about that, EK might have made it three).   He's three years younger then AP (in his contract year so does that make it four?) I don't think he's going to do nearly as well in NJ but who knows ... he did it in Boston as a bottom pairing guy, then in CAL as middle six pairing guy and as a top guy in CAR.   I actually thought he'd get more.   Look at Seth Jones - laughable comps really. 

Edited by IBatch