The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A bit too rich for a bottom pairing defenseman. Why give him four years and Hamonic only two? That I don't get. Was hoping for a larger, more physical specimen. Not a huge fan of this signing. Oh well. 

I don’t know much about Poolman or have an opinion on the contract but I will say that if Shaw looked at him and said this is a guy I can work with, then I’m a happy camper. Also anyone making comments about a lack of offence are really missing the mark IMO. With OEL, Hughes, and Rathbone to cover that I want a a good size, good skating, steady stay at home defenceman. If Poolman ca n be that gut I’m thrilled with this.

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, gurn said:

This place:

Oh terrible signing, way too much.                                    Then in  thesame damn post            they admit "don't know much about him".

Can't comment on him                                                       Then in the same damn post            but reminds me of other bad deals.

Sad.

4 years is too long no matter how you slice it.

Teams are not clamouring for a player like this.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, stawns said:

Are people really whining about a $2.5m cap hit?  Seriously?

There always has to be a bad cap hit to whine about. 

These people also don't see that if poolman doesn't work out and needs to be buried it's just over a million in cap.

6 minutes ago, Seguin said:

David Savard 4 x 3.5

My initial thoughts is that Savard would have been a better option?

Such a stupid post being thrown out by the twitter crowd, I was watching that douche stream on youtube for a minute, my ears were bleeding, what a moron that was, anyways as others said, you can offer him 4, 4,5 or even 5, doesn't mean he wants to come here.

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

Just now, kloubek said:

That's a long term for a guy who doesn't have great stats and will be expected to play a key role. I'm sure Benning feels there is untapped potential there, but for 1 extra million I would have FAR preferred Savard.

You can't force guys to sign with you.  Pretty obvious Savard wanted to come home.  The Canucks wouldnt have got him for that $

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, 4petesake said:

I don’t know much about Poolman or have an opinion on the contract but I will say that if Shaw looked at him and said this is a guy I can work with, then I’m a happy camper. Also anyone making comments about a lack of offence are really missing the mark IMO. With OEL, Hughes, and Rathbone to cover that I want a a good size, good skating, steady stay at home defenceman. If Poolman ca n be that gut I’m thrilled with this.

Good point, if Shaw did inform this signing. As I said, have to give it a chance.

• Cheers 1