The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

17 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Makes you wonder what kanucks2's angle is, out of this. What kind of a fan twists a statistic to make a signing look bad, which would then satisfy some kind of twisted ego?

I'm waiting for him to shift the goal posts, like lmm. Both guys are notoriously known for blindly hating a GM, and will go at great lengths to manipulate a signing.

Whoops, I was too late. Here it is!

It's already been established that Poolman isn't a points guy. Why are you using points to evaluate how good of a job he is as a defensive defenseman?

Totally curious.

It's almost like you want to evaluate how good a Toyota Corolla is as a sports car, only to find that it loses against a Mustang, so therefore, Corollas are garbage. Weird logic.

No idea what this has to do with Poolman. I was talking about Sutter and his assist-less streaks.

• RoughGame 1

5 hours ago, kanucks25 said:

This season he started on a 24 game assist-less streak / 1 in his first 31 (add another 5 games if you want to rollover from the previous season).

Last season he went a 20-game assist-less streak.

not sure about why this matters. What was his usage? who were the forwards during those minutes, did they have some scoring issues? 

not sure this on its own tells you much. 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not sure about why this matters. What was his usage? who were the forwards during those minutes, did they have some scoring issues? 

not sure this on its own tells you much. 

I didn't mention anything about his usage.

This was the original post, that's all:

On 8/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, kanucks25 said:

Dunno but maybe ask Brandon Sutter. He likes to go on similar runs.

I wasn't implying anything, y'all just inferring whatever you want. It's just a fact.

I'm thinking I'm not actually a troll but a lot of people here are really bad with reading comprehension? This was just a 5-ish post string over 1 page and somehow it's still a struggle.

Most of the time y'all get your panties in a knot, you're just arguing with yourselves.

• RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, kanucks25 said:

I didn't mention anything about his usage.

This was the original post, that's all:

I wasn't implying anything, y'all just inferring whatever you want. It's just a fact.

I'm thinking I'm not actually a troll but a lot of people here are really bad with reading comprehension? This was just a 5-ish post string over 1 page and somehow it's still a struggle.

Most of the time y'all get your panties in a knot, you're just arguing with yourselves.

okie dokie. I'd agree he does seem to be a streaky player points wise. 

I don't think anyones looking to Poolman for points. He does seems capable of putting up points in the 20-25 range based on year before last and his college days. 

What impresses me about him is his short handed oisv% of 95%. 

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I don't think anyones looking to Poolman for points. He does seems capable of putting up points in the 20-25 range based on year before last and his college days. 

Not worried about points. As long as he can defend consistently in a limited role, he's worth the money.

Obviously you'd rather have points and defense but he's not exactly in that category both in terms of ability and salary.

17 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

What impresses me about him is his short handed oisv% of 95%. 

What was his SH xGA in comparison? Genuinely curious.

• RoughGame 1

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Only in Canuck land does a signing like this get so much attention…

Perhaps I missed it somewhere in the previous 101 pages, but I don't believe we've discussed what Tucker Poolman's favorite breakfast cereal might be.

Personally, I hope he's a good, good whole wheat Shreddies kind of guy.  This team could use one of those.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Not worried about points. As long as he can defend consistently in a limited role, he's worth the money.

Obviously you'd rather have points and defense but he's not exactly in that category both in terms of ability and salary.

What was his SH xGA in comparison? Genuinely curious.

shorthanded last year - xGA 7.2, actual 4

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20202021&thruseason=20202021&stype=2&sit=4v5&stdoi=oi&rate=n&v=p&playerid=8477359

overall his xGA was 26, actual GA 18 last year.

https://www.naturalstattrick.com/playerreport.php?fromseason=20202021&thruseason=20202021&playerid=8477359&sit=5v5&stype=2

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

the only thing with these stats is the actual GA. is it the player or the goalie or maybe just luck? a solid way of testing a player is comparing the players top minute pairing with the other. this players for poolman is morrisey and scheifle, poolman does not seem to bring either player down in comaprison to another player.