The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

3 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Tucker Poolman is leading the Canucks #1 whipping boy board with the departure of Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel.

Man.  And that name.  What do you have to do, to go from a Pool Boy to become a Pool Man anyways?  I guessing you have to do this ... Pool Fail GIF

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Petey_BOI said:

the only thing with these stats is the actual GA. is it the player or the goalie or maybe just luck? a solid way of testing a player is comparing the players top minute pairing with the other. this players for poolman is morrisey and scheifle, poolman does not seem to bring either player down in comaprison to another player.

if anything Poolman seems pretty low event, not a lot of GA and doesn't seem to need a particular partner to make him better. 

• Cheers 2

7 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Tucker Poolman is leading the Canucks #1 whipping boy board with the departure of Eriksson, Beagle and Roussel.

is he though? lots of yap, but I only see a few people actually upset by the deal. 

• Cheers 2

9 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

How so?  I don’t see anyone ragging on the player… folks are wishing him all the best.

The only comment have been how the contract could have too much money or term for what the guy’s resume is.  That isn’t on the player, it is just Benning paying for potential which may or may not bite him in the butt.

If Poolman is the player he was in his 8 game playoff stretch then it is likely a win… if he is a 3rd pairing guy who is a mediocre penalty killer with little offence… or if he is sitting in the press box half the time because he was beat out by Schenn who brings a different toolbox… then it won’t be a win.

• Like 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 hours ago, Provost said:

How so?  I don’t see anyone ragging on the player… folks are wishing him all the best.

The only comment have been how the contract could have too much money or term for what the guy’s resume is.  That isn’t on the player, it is just Benning paying for potential which may or may not bite him in the butt.

If Poolman is the player he was in his 8 game playoff stretch then it is likely a win… if he is a 3rd pairing guy who is a mediocre penalty killer with little offence… or if he is sitting in the press box half the time because he was beat out by Schenn who brings a different toolbox… then it won’t be a win.

That would be the worse case scenario where Poolman is the odd man out and is beaten out by Schenn. Would be hard to trade him away at that point even if it’s more down the road. 2.5M isn’t that bad. There are worse contracts out there of course. But yeah. I get why people are kind of questioning the term. Even 2-3 years would have been better than a 4 year term. But apparently he had compelling offers from other teams. 

On 8/9/2021 at 2:21 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

At the time of the creation of this thread, I didn't expect it to be this long. :blink:

Only 424 pages to go to tie the length of Clutch's performance (which wasn't clutch) with his "Burrow's, do we really need him?".  To think he only had 28 posts and he created that beauty of a quote lol.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer

12 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

if anything Poolman seems pretty low event, not a lot of GA and doesn't seem to need a particular partner to make him better. 

Yes, I watched a few of his playoff games and he was indeed low event. I would even say boring hockey? He quietly goes about his business and gets the puck out, he even has a nice aerial pass to clear the zone. He's not going to get glamor points for what he does back there. 

• Vintage 1

Should start quoting all those who freaked out about this signing when we are 30-40 games in and Poolman is quietly putting together a quality season for extremely reasonable 2.5 Million Cap hit.

He will literally be playing more or at least tougher minutes than Tyler Myers for 3.5 Million less / year.

If anyone wants to whip on someone go whine about Myers contract.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, R3aL said:

Should start quoting all those who freaked out about this signing when we are 30-40 games in and Poolman is quietly putting together a quality season for extremely reasonable 2.5 Million Cap hit.

He will literally be playing more or at least tougher minutes than Tyler Myers for 3.5 Million less / year.

My guess is Poolman will play his way into the hearts of all Canuck fans and the management. He’ll play out his career in Vancouver and retire in his early 40’s after taking over the C from Bo. RoH next to Öhlund and Burrows.

• Haha 2

On 8/9/2021 at 11:16 PM, NHL97OneTimer said:

102 pages on this thread and he hasn't even played a game yet :o.  It's almost like people don't know what to do without LE on the team anymore.  Or perhaps it's like coming home knowing your wife has been up to no good and so you blame the poolman.  I can only imagine how things will turn out if he plays like big willie Mitchell with that extra long stick.

A poolman with a long stick. No wonder some posters are feeling a bit insecure and trying to run him out of town already.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, R3aL said:

They do.

You know what's funny though. His contract is actually decent. He logs an important amount of minutes. He actually has a use here.

• Wat 1
  • Vintage 3

13 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

They do.

You know what's funny though. His contract is actually decent. He logs an important amount of minutes. He actually has a use here.

He has a use here sure but he gets sheltered minutes and for 6 million he should be one of our best dmen and he’s not. He’s going to be a bottom pairing guy most of the time. Take away the salary he has a use here right now sure but at his salary / term I haven’t been happy with it since we signed him. He raises the internal salaries of dmen on our team too if he gets 6 what Should Hughes  get you know not just relative to league. Hope Myers has a big year in a sheltered role where he won’t get exposed or hard minutes and he flourishes though 

• RoughGame 3