The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

2 hours ago, The_Rocket said:

These charts are supposed to account for quality of teammates and quality of competition, while also being isolated from the impacts of other players. 

that being said, it’s also just a one year history for each player. OEL still controls possession just fine, but something (whether it be injuries, age, system, or lack or caring) has caused him to be very permissive around the front of his own net.

im excited to see if he can regain form in Vancouver. If not, oh well. He’s still a fine #5 in my opinion. Overpayed, obviously, but he’s far less of a liability on the ice compared to what people make him out to be

In theory yen but in reality they're stretching other stats to make these conclusions. Pretty unreliable stuff that doesn't measure the context at all.

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Very grateful we have Poolman given the possibility that Hamonic is unavailable.  Imagine how screwed we'd be if we hadn't signed him.

Perhaps that was the understanding the entire time… insurance policy.

On 9/12/2021 at 6:18 PM, khay said:

OEL is going to thrive in Green's system. And Poolman will be a perfect partner for him.

Our LD has a lot of skill (QH, OEL, OJ/JR) and RD is made up of hockey players with solid defensive fundamentals + good size to complement the skillful LDs.

I have always liked Poolman.  

he is as good a person to hold down the right side as Tanev with more muscle less acuity for injury and plays a simple intelligent game that lets his partner go. 

perfect.  

OEL, Myers can skate with Hughes and Schenn skates in the bottom pairing if Hamonic decides to retire in the age of Covid.  

his kid cannot get vaccinated and is fairly ill, as a parent, I do not doubt his concerns about bringing home a nose full after a road trip and what that could mean to his child.  If it was my child, I had money and could do other things, I would hang them up in a heartbeat if it was that serious.  

respect his right and choice to be a parent before a hockey player.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Provost said:

Well since Benning recently publicly guaranteed that Hamonic was going to be at camp… there is no reason to suspect what you are suggesting is true.

What Hamonic decides is really not up to JB and it sounds like a last minute conversation and still being worked on.  

so people can freak out on the club and management is likely a way to keep Hamonic and his family out of it.  Hamonic’s child is immune compromised and I don’t think is old enough to take the Vaccine yet.  

sure we need a d man, but that d man needs to be a parent before a hockey player.  

as for the media ass clowns… well someone has to be the asshole in any relationship.  

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:35 PM, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I’m banking on that being true.

Partnering Morrissey is a pretty rough assignment, especially when your job is minimizing opposition chances and keeping the puck out of your own net.

Also expecting a rebound year from OEL, now that he’s clear of Arizona and past some of the issues that plagued him in recent years.

Hopefully some of those isolated impact type charts will turn positive again for #23.

Man….

OEL is a Canucks…

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1