The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

8 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Look at his year before.

last year he also dealt with injuries and had covid.

Stecher esque #s for twice the term and 800k more per year, seems like  Schenn would have been a much cheaper option filling the same hole no?

• RoughGame 2

3 minutes ago, KoreanHockeyFan said:

Jesus, I feel like the toxic negativity of the media and the Canuck fanbase is going to give this guy a hell of a time.

Good luck, Tucker. 

Block out the noise as best you can and just play your game. 

Yeah, it's pretty disgusting!! Sooooo tired of the media and a handful of people on here! Funny enough, their arguments / justifications for it are straight garbage most of the time. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Scanning the Winnipeg forum and the general HF section. General consensus seems to be that he's decent as a bottom pairing guy, but is in over his head playing in the top 4. 

I'm sorry to sound pessimistic, but we needed to do better than this. 

Most teams aren't going to pull a Tampa and have six top 4 guys or have a top 4 guy sitting on their bottom pair in case injuries pop up. He'll probably mind the bottom pairing with Rathbone or Juolevi, which is fine. 

He ain't displacing Hamonic, Hughes, Myers, or OEL. Day ain't over either. 

Just now, Devron44 said:

They can also say I’d prefer to play here or there but not over there. 

That’s the part that most fans do not understand 

If, as a GM, you get into a bidding war over Tucker &^@#ing Poolman, you should probably walk away.  

This is especially true if you've already signed players like Beagle, Roussel, Ferland, etc to similar deals and have seen them backfire.

Hope this helps.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 3

5 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Scanning the Winnipeg forum and the general HF section. General consensus seems to be that he's decent as a bottom pairing guy, but is in over his head playing in the top 4. 

I agree its not ideal, I just don't see the other options.

If he can be a good 3rd pair guy with Rathbone - hopefully capable of doing spot duty with someone of OEL's caliber - we'll be fine. 

Its a bet for sure, we'll see. 

• Cheers 2

6 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Agreed.  That defense is looking rough lol.  Here's hoping Demko plays out of his mind next year, as we'll need him to!

• Cheers 1

Just now, AV. said:

If, as a GM, you get into a bidding war over Tucker &^@#ing Poolman, you should probably walk away.  

This is especially true if you've already signed players like Beagle, Roussel, Ferland, etc to similar deals and have seen them backfire.

Hope this helps.

Meh I don’t really care about the 2.5 to honest. Could turn out to be a bargain. Or we will be mad he’s making a whooping 2.5 mil 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Not his best signing, 2.5 mil seems a little high for a bottom pairing guy with limited offense, especially with that kinda term. He will help the team though. We will likely have three Dmen making at least 6 million, most likely 2 making over 7 million. Need cheap guys to fill out the bottom pairing. Personally i think 2 million should be the cap for botttom pairing guys.  

Let see this d core a season with Shaw and if Baumer was still the d coach - I would agree.   Coaching is the other part of the equation in creating a successful team

46 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

yikes that deal is too high for Tucker Poolman. 2.5 mil for a guy who struggled last year, 1 point.

He is solid defensively though, but his offense is not great.

Rumors have him sick with covid last year and another injury. 

Depth depth depth

• Like 1