The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

Just now, aGENT said:

I think it probably largely is what it is... maybe still adding Schenn as 7th.

But in theory, if we could just squeeze in Hakanpaa...

Hughes, Hamonic

OEL, Hakanpaa

Juolevi/Rathbone, Myers

Juolevi/Rathbone, Poolman

Would be a pretty rock solid D.

But the numbers aren't jibing! 

• Haha 1

Just now, DeNiro said:

More attainable would mean they’re not as good ;)

I mean big youngish stay at home guys. Last time I checked Hakanpaa isn’t signed yet either.

Haha. Gotcha :emot-parrot:

would love Hakanpaa but might be too costly. Would you sign him for 4 years at 3.5/4million? 

1 minute ago, Bure_Pavel said:

Benn was cheaper and on a shorter contract, was signed to be a 5/6 Dman just didn't work out. They giving Poolman #5 Dman money and pretty much the last of our available cap. If he spends more that 5 games in the press box not due to injury we are in trouble.  

Cheaper by 500k…

Benn was always a depth signing. How do you know they don’t see him as a 6/7?

Benning may not be done.

Just now, aGENT said:

I think it probably largely is what it is... maybe still adding Schenn as 7th.

But in theory, if we could just squeeze in Hakanpaa...

Hughes, Hamonic

OEL, Hakanpaa

Juolevi/Rathbone, Myers

Juolevi/Rathbone, Poolman

Would be a pretty rock solid D.

Dont think we have the cap for Hakanpaa now, probably just Schenn if he takes close to min contract. 

3 minutes ago, Jetliner said:

Not sure about this one. Overpaid @ 2.5 aav for having just 1 point last season. 18 mins average ice time? Doesn't play a shut down role either

Benning u high bro?

We don’t need Poolman to put up points. He will be the 3RD and will likely be paired with Rathbone who I am sure will be collecting some points in his first full year. 

1 minute ago, canucklehead44 said:

Struggles offensively and defensively. 7th percentile league wide for underlying numbers. Jets fans say he is a 7th defenseman, other sources say he is an ok 6th dman. 

At $775K the Athletic gave his performance a "C+". Not sure how this guy got anything over 1 million dollars, but it is Jim Benning we are talking about. Where were the Sedins? I thought they were supposed to be babysitting him from signing guys we either have to buy out or pay to trade later. 

Lol what?

They were pretty clear about how the Sedins joined to learn about the business of the game. They even said themselves that they're coming on as "rookies." Not sure how that translates to "babysitting Jim."

Just now, Devron44 said:

So it didn’t help? Darn, I was really hoping I was helping there 

Respectfully, what the &^@# are you talking about?

He listed his D pairings as

Hughes - UFA

OEL - Hamonic

Rathbone - Myers

Juolevi - Poolman

I told him that we did not just spend 4 x 2.5M on a 7th/8th D hence he should expect Poolman to play in that "UFA" spot in the top 4.

I don't why you're bringing up the fact that 6 D play at all times when that has literally nothing to do what's being discussed.

Reading is hard, I know, so I hope this helps.

15 minutes ago, Maketherightmove said:

If any other team in the Pacific had a right side of Myers, Hamonic and Poolman, we'd all laugh at how weak they were. 

True but Hamonic fits well with Hughes and when you consider the left side is much stronger it’s not too bad.  If the Canucks are still adding Schenn at least we have 4 guys that can play at a decent level. 

• Thanks 1