The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

2 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

This coming from someone who still thinks an incompetent clown who left a giant mess for Benning to clean up was a good GM.   There is a reason no NHL team has hired Gillis.

Hope this helps.

That is Gillis behind the keyboard - imo cause so much vitriol towards JB

21 minutes ago, jovocop55 said:

Jets fan happy he’s gone.   Don’t like this at all.  A bit too long for a guy not proven.  Only played because half thei jets dmen was out 

Who cared what they think. The term is a year longer than I would of liked but in that time he can improve a lot. He was not used to playing those heavy top 4 minutes and it showed. I feel like with what we expect his assignments to be he will be more than fine. 

Edited by Analyst82
Sp
  • Cheers 1

Just now, King Heffy said:

This coming from someone who still thinks an incompetent clown who left a giant mess for Benning to clean up was a good GM.   There is a reason no NHL team has hired Gillis.

Hope this helps.

Gillis was a good GM.  He managed multiple playoff appearances, including a Stanley Cup finals, made very sensible signings and trades at the pro scouting level.

Was he perfect?  Hell naw.  His drafting was horrible.  But he got fired for it when the results on the ice started to show decline.

As for him working in the NHL, Gillis often alluded to wanting to work in a higher up role more than a hands-on GM role.  I would suspect that as a reason for why never stepped foot in an NHL office as GM rather than teams avoiding him.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Didn’t Barrie re sign with the perennial lottery champs Spoilers ?

Not sure, I haven’t seen anything yet. As of now the Canucks almost have a full page though with trying to fill out an Abbotsford roster lol

Edited by KyGuy123

1 minute ago, cdgraham said:

Also we all know his type, he won't reply or talk about his own obvious contradictions or acknowledge when he has shown to be wrong, and will instead just start to resort to name calling etc. 

It already happening. 

Look out for zero facts coming your way and baseless speculation with nothing backing it up, and when proven wrong a sudden change of direction with no acknowledgement. 

Lol.  You're the one throwing a hissy fit.  I'm sorry but I'm being quoted and @'d by like 5 different people.  Admittedly, it's hard to keep track and formulate throughts for every detail of every conversation.

With that said, everything I have said is factual lol.  I never lie.  I am guilty of hyperbole at times, but now is not one of those times.

• RoughGame 1

9 minutes ago, cdgraham said:

Anyone arguing with AV don't bother, read through our back and forth and you will see how lost he is. 

Dude poses a question and acts like it's impossible to answer, is arrogantly confident with his "I'm waiting" thing then literally accidentally answers his own question himself. 

Guy is lost don't bother replying. Someone earlier in the thread said "rocks for brains" and I don't disagree 

Engaging him is a choice cause he seems to set himself up (in a bad way) - just like looking for playmates in a playground.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

1 minute ago, Jester13 said:

I'm convinced Benning is trolling his haters with this contract, as he knows all the complaining gives them purpose in life. Benning is meta-thinking af.

The knee-jerk whinging from the smarmies and JD Burke parrots is worth the risk alone.

• Cheers 3

Just now, AV. said:

Lol.  You're the one throwing a hissy fit.  I'm sorry but I'm being quoted and @'d by like 5 different people.  Admittedly, it's hard to keep track and formulate throughts for every detail of every conversation.

With that said, everything I have said is factual lol.  I never lie.  I am guilty of hyperbole at times, but now is not one of those times.

Haha okay so sure enough, there are no actual facts in this reply and you have insulted me saying I'm throwing a hissy fit, exactly as I predicted. 

But go ahead and tell me all the facts so I can prove them wrong all over again. 

Or maybe just save us the time and look through our previous messages, have some humility, and admit you got a couple things wrong? 

• Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Analyst82 said:

Who cared what they think. The term is a year longer than I liked but in that time he can improve a lot. He was not used to saying those heavy top 4 minutes and it showed. I feel like with what we expect his assignments to be he will be more than fine. 

Yeah this is a good take. 
I imagine OEL and Hamonic are gonna crunch up the most minutes- and now with Schenn we've got some really solid depth. I'm not worried about it at all. 

OEL, Myers, Hamonic, Hughes, Juolevi, Poolman, Schenn - all perfectly capable NHL D-men. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, cdgraham said:

Haha okay so sure enough, there are no actual facts in this reply and you have insulted me saying I'm throwing a hissy fit, exactly as I predicted. 

But go ahead and tell me all the facts so I can prove them wrong all over again. 

Or maybe just save us the time and look through our previous messages, have some humility, and admit you got a couple things wrong? 

Respectfully, what are you crying about?  This is embarrassing.

Either kindly re-highlight what you want me to address or go cry elsewhere.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Gillis was a good GM.  He managed multiple playoff appearances, including a Stanley Cup finals, made very sensible signings and trades at the pro scouting level.

Was he perfect?  Hell naw.  His drafting was horrible.  But he got fired for it when the results on the ice started to show decline.

As for him working in the NHL, Gillis often alluded to wanting to work in a higher up role more than a hands-on GM role.  I would suspect that as a reason for why never stepped foot in an NHL office as GM rather than teams avoiding him.

Gillis took a team built by good GMs and ran it into the ground.  He refused to admit to mistakes, which led to bad contracts staying around for far too long, and his trades were atrocious.  He was an absolutely terrible GM and I'm thankful we have an actual hockey person in charge instead of that unqualified buffoon.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1