The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

Just now, IRR said:

I could care less.....garbage post after garbage post just stirring the pot / trolling and just straight up hate and negativity towards Benning / the team. If you don't see it, fine, but most others do and we're done with it. 

So what? Keep it classy anyway. We're all a bunch of armchair GMs- its okay to disagree, just dont be rude

• Cheers 1

Jim Benning and bad UFA signings are like a fat kid in a candy store - he just can't help himself.  Not sure how anyone can defend this signing or look at our defence as a whole and say "wow that looks great!"

Edited by highwayman3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Respectfully, what are you crying about?  This is embarrassing.

Either kindly re-highlight what you want me to address or go cry elsewhere.

Maybe you should take your own advice and check out HFboards where people still idolize incompetent management.

10 minutes ago, ilduce39 said:

At their best, I think Juolevi “fits” better with Myers but I thought Rathbone looked like he had some real jump last year.  

I hope they both show up ready to go and that’s one of the better battles in camp.  

Yeah I think you're right. Only reason I think Juolevi possibly edges out Rathbone is b/c of the roles they play. If we didn't have Hughes, Rathbone would be a shoe-in imo. Lets see what Shaw envisions. Might be a case of swapping them depending on the opponents we're playing against

Just now, King Heffy said:

Gillis took a team built by good GMs and ran it into the ground.  He refused to admit to mistakes, which led to bad contracts staying around for far too long, and his trades were atrocious.  He was an absolutely terrible GM and I'm thankful we have an actual hockey person in charge instead of that unqualified buffoon.

Dave Nonis is a good GM?  Missing the playoffs 2 years out of 3 is "good"?

I would say trading for Luongo was good, as was signing Mitchell and drafting Edler.  What else about his tenure was good? 

Brian Burke was pretty good but he left in 2004.  Gillis came in 2008.  Not sure how we can connect his tenure to Gillis'.  Like, we wouldn't compare Nonis to Benning, no sense in connecting Burke to Gillis.

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Respectfully, what are you crying about?  This is embarrassing.

Either kindly re-highlight what you want me to address or go cry elsewhere.

Lol remember we talked about reading comprehension? How about you address all the facts where I proved you wrong (or ironically you proved yourself wrong as you stumble over your cluttered thoughts) 

And sure enough, you are resorting to exactly what I said you would to everyone here before you did it. 

I'm done wasting my time with you, my dog holds better conversations then you. 

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, cdgraham said:

Haha okay so sure enough, there are no actual facts in this reply and you have insulted me saying I'm throwing a hissy fit, exactly as I predicted. 

But go ahead and tell me all the facts so I can prove them wrong all over again. 

Or maybe just save us the time and look through our previous messages, have some humility, and admit you got a couple things wrong? 

I am bored - looking forward to this back & forth 

blah blah blah GIF

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, eeeeergh said:

This is a valueless post and not nice. Thumbs down. 

Agreed. It's a shame some people resort to personal attacks.

These are hockey moves, there are going to be differing opinions on them.

Shouldn't be too difficult to remain civil.

• Like 1

MDZ got 2M so hard to argue an NHL D man is worth 2.5. 
Haven’t seen enough of him to really get a feel for this deal. 
If he can be a rock for either Rathbone or Hughes then it is a steal. 
That would be ideal, having Hamonic able to move up to play with OEL and Poolman with Quinn. 
Would mitigate the amount of time Myers gets. 
‘Will be curious how it all works out in camp.

Edited by DrJockitch

1 minute ago, cdgraham said:

Lol remember we talked about reading comprehension? How about you address all the facts where I proved you wrong (or ironically you proved yourself wrong as you stumble over your cluttered thoughts) 

And sure enough, you are resorting to exactly what I said you would to everyone here before you did it. 

I'm done wasting my time with you, my dog holds better conversations then you. 

Have fun, buddy!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, eeeeergh said:

So what? Keep it classy anyway. We're all a bunch of armchair GMs- its okay to disagree, just dont be rude

I get that to a degree, but it goes far beyond that with about 4-5 people on here who take over every thread with their hate / negative agenda...not opinions, not discussions, not constructive criticism and so on, just trolling / hating on the team and not even with facts most of the time. Some are just done with seeing it over and over all day every day. That's all. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

Dave Nonis is a good GM?  Missing the playoffs 2 years out of 3 is "good"?

I would say trading for Luongo was good, as was signing Mitchell and drafting Edler.  What else about his tenure was good? 

Brian Burke was pretty good but he left in 2004.  Gillis came in 2008.  Not sure how we can connect his tenure to Gillis'.  Like, we wouldn't compare Nonis to Benning, no sense in connecting Burke to Gillis.

Nonis drafted decently and got fired for refusing to overpay on a Brad Richards rental.  Burke drafted most of the core, including the Twins.

• Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, highwayman3 said:

Jim Benning and bad UFA signings are like a fat kid in a candy store - he just can't help himself.  Not sure how anyone can defend this signing or look at our defence as a whole and say "wow that looks great!"

Not one positive post about the team here we have one of those none rose coloured glasses fellas that love the Canucks but can’t find anything good to say about them or Benning :ph34r:

Edited by CanuckleHorse

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

Nonis drafted decently and got fired for refusing to overpay on a Brad Richards rental.  Burke drafted most of the core, including the Twins.

Who did Gillis draft that was part of the 2011 Finals team?  There has to be at least one guy, no? 

• Vintage 1