The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 minute ago, oldnews said:

wouldn't have been right in Vancouver if there weren't a single player for the polarizing whinge crew to dwell and derp upon.

my apologies up front to Tucker Poolman - you're coming to a market that just literally lost every whipping boy option they had....

Eriksson

Edler

Roussel

Virtanen

Holtby

Beagle

All they had left is a $1million Sutter.....and the last Jet they thought was a '3rd pairing' D.

don't take it personally - they've got nothing left to work with.   they'll find a new fixation soon enough.

So true, right?
If Poolman at 2.5 is our new whipping boy... then we're doing pretty good.

I fear there may be even more hate for Tyler Myers going forward now, for the same reason you described above, but I don't have much of a problem with him.

He's overpaid, sure. Not the beeeest defensively, but I'd hate to see what we'd try to replace him with.

Kinda wish our fanbase didn't have to "hate" anybody, though...

• Cheers 3

5 minutes ago, oldnews said:

wouldn't have been right in Vancouver if there weren't a single player for the polarizing whinge crew to dwell and derp upon.

my apologies up front to Tucker Poolman - you're coming to a market that just literally lost every whipping boy option they had....

Eriksson

Edler

Roussel

Virtanen

Holtby

Beagle

All they had left is a $1million Sutter.....and the last Jet they thought was a '3rd pairing' D.

don't take it personally - they've got nothing left to work with.   they'll find a new fixation soon enough.

OEL will get some heat.

Edited by King Heffy

4 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

OEL will get some heat.

Fans already proclaiming he’s Loui Eriksson and are looking towards buying out his contract.

I fully expect long rants about him every time he has a turnover.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, nergish said:

So true, right?
If Poolman at 2.5 is our new whipping boy... then we're doing pretty good.

I fear there may be even more hate for Tyler Myers going forward now, for the same reason you described above, but I don't have much of a problem with him.

He's overpaid, sure. Not the beeeest defensively, but I'd hate to see what we'd try to replace him with.

Kinda wish our fanbase didn't have to "hate" anybody, though...

Certain folks are conditioned to be bitter about such things. They'll take their cues from idiots on Twitter who wear their bias as a badge of honor. Please don't define the entire fanbase based on the embittered few. 

5 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

This is the only signing I’m not a fan of. I don’t understand the term, is this guy highly sought after? The sedins shouldnt have gone for lunch and left Jim alone in the office

What are you talking about? 

5 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

This is the only signing I’m not a fan of. I don’t understand the term, is this guy highly sought after? The sedins shouldnt have gone for lunch and left Jim alone in the office

I think they want some stability and continuity on the 5/6 pair.  A never ending parade of cheap bandaid players isn't good.  Goalies need to know and trust the d Corp.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

Rick Dhaliwal confirmed he had a ton of teams after him and his scouting report has been positive. Battled covid last season and took puck to face season before that, which is why he hasn’t been able to play full seasons.

Great skater was also paired with Morrisey.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Eriksson

Edler

Roussel

Virtanen

Holtby

Beagle

Yes, it's the logical fan's fault for not liking awful, buyout candidate from the second they are signed contracts.

How dare us.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 4

Kinda glad I was working today and missed the CDC emotional roller coaster.

As far as what JB has done today and in the last week...including Poolmans giant, massive, hefty, insane, huge  2.5 mil per....

I think...

1196602622_giphy(1).gif.9043b471b4f2963c568d59ff71d32fb4.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

Just a little jab a benning, he did pretty good so far, but not ready to forgive him just yet. I’ll be happy when I see petterson and Hughes signed to good contracts

Forgive him? Did he run over your dog?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3