The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

4 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

Just a little jab a benning, he did pretty good so far, but not ready to forgive him just yet. I’ll be happy when I see petterson and Hughes signed to good contracts

Which of the contracts for our core players have you not liked so far?

2 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Sorry? Any rebuttal?

40 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Don't love this deal but willing to reserve judgement.

5 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes, it's the logical fan's fault for not liking awful, buyout candidate from the second they are signed contracts.

Vigneault Laughin GIF | Gfycat

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Forgive him? Did he run over your dog?

I’ve never seen a forum so quick to criticize each other for everything that gets said, lol. Ok, forgive him not the right word, how about trust him to run the team I’ve been cheering for 35 years? Is that better?

Just now, Jd83 said:

I’ve never seen a forum so quick to criticize each other for everything that gets said, lol. Ok, forgive him not the right word, how about trust him to run the team I’ve been cheering for 35 years? Is that better?

Don't worry about it. This is the Fox News of the online Canucks fan base.

Tread carefully when you discuss the beloved leader.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 3
  • RoughGame 1

50 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Not sure why Benning is so in love with giving depth players term in free agency but it is what it is.

Don't love this deal but willing to reserve judgement. If he and Rathbone can find chemistry on the 3rd pair it'll look good.

Blatant lie. If you were willing to reserve judgment, you wouldn't have prefaced your post with that snivelling whine.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, RWMc1 said:

Blatant lie. If you were willing to reserve judgment, you wouldn't have prefaced your poet with that snivelling whine.

Is Poolman not a depth player (bottom-half of lineup)?

Is this not a contract with "term" (mid-long?)

Has Benning not gotten into trouble in the past giving depth players term?

What did I say that was wrong? Or is it just that you are like many others here - the truth hurts your feelings?

• Upvote 2

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Don't worry about it. This is the Fox News of the online Canucks fan base.

Tread carefully when you discuss the beloved leader.

No, you're Fox news!

Everyone is saying so, some of the best people are telling me this, it's sad. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Which of the contracts for our core players have you not liked so far?

I like the contracts of our core players......except edler and Myers. I think they were overpaid. If you consider them part of the core

3 minutes ago, Jd83 said:

Sure. No one has to trust anyone. That’s earned. But forgiveness usually has to do with a personal wrong being done. 

Just now, kanucks25 said:

Is Poolman not a depth player (bottom-half of lineup)?

Is this not a contract with "term" (mid-long?)

Has Benning not gotten into trouble in the past giving depth players term?

What did I say that was wrong? Or is it just that you are like many others here - the truth hurts your feelings?

You make assumptions based on bias. You're not fooling anybody.

• Cheers 4

31 minutes ago, nergish said:

So true, right?
If Poolman at 2.5 is our new whipping boy... then we're doing pretty good.

I fear there may be even more hate for Tyler Myers going forward now, for the same reason you described above, but I don't have much of a problem with him.

He's overpaid, sure. Not the beeeest defensively, but I'd hate to see what we'd try to replace him with.

Kinda wish our fanbase didn't have to "hate" anybody, though...

Can we at least see how everyone does in camp, and actually play, before we start designated whipping boys?

Is that asking too much of Canuck fans? I know it probably is and asking this probably brands me as a Heretic, but could we try that at least????

;)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, VegasCanuck said:

Can we at least see how everyone does in camp, and actually play, before we start designated whipping boys?

Is that asking too much of Canuck fans? I know it probably is and asking this probably brands me as a Heretic, but could we try that at least????

;)

That does make the most sense. Everything might work out great, or it might not. The proof is in the pudding. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, kanucks25 said:

Yes, it's the logical fan's fault for not liking awful, buyout candidate from the second they are signed contracts.

How dare us.

You “logical fans” also hated the Beagle, Roussel, Holtby, Eriksson, Gagner, and Myers signings. Jim sure proved you wrong!

in all seriousness the more I try to make sense of this signing the less it makes sense. He just handed taller Biega a 10 million dollar contract 

• Vintage 2
  • RoughGame 1