Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, FaninMex said:

The way I look at it is we traded Schmidt for Poolman and a 3rd.

 

I like it. I will have to see more but the highlights that I have seen have been good. I might go back and watch the Winn series on NHL.com in the next few days 

I think it's almost Schmidt for Poolman, Hamonic, Schenn, and a 3rd!

 

At least these guys want to play in Van!!!!!

 

Still think Poolman is too much money but it's not a 6x6.

Edited by Chris12345
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Looking like Myers and Hamonic.

 

Didn't really make any significant upgrade from last year other than maybe OEL over Edler.

 

Was hoping for a bigger piece on d.

 

they maybe didn't get the namebrand upgrade we were hoping for on right d, but the balance throughout the top 8 guys now is much, much better. the team d should be much improved because of it, not to mention having brad shaw coming in to tighten things up. 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I think it's almost Schmidt for Poolman, Hamonic, Schenn, and a 3rd!

 

At least these guys want to play in Van!!!!!

 

Still think Poolman is too much money but it's not a 6x6.

I am not paying so who cares. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

Looking like Myers and Hamonic.

 

Didn't really make any significant upgrade from last year other than maybe OEL over Edler.

 

Was hoping for a bigger piece on d.

 

Yep talent upgrade isn't big. Way more depth though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FaninMex said:

I am not paying so who cares. 

We all cared when we saw Loui in the pressbox and the Canucks missed the playoffs again....

 

Gotta manage the cap and as fans and gossip girls we watch it closely.

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, tas said:

seriously. $2.5m will always be fair for a bottom pairing right d. the team will always have a need for a bottom pairing right d. poolman should not become worse than a bottom pairing right d in the next 4 years. 

 

where's the problem?

If that's the only spot the usual suspects are able to focus their rage on, then JB hit it out of the park.  I'll bet Demko is pretty happy today

  • Hydration 3
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, tas said:

seriously. $2.5m will always be fair for a bottom pairing right d. the team will always have a need for a bottom pairing right d. poolman should not become worse than a bottom pairing right d in the next 4 years. 

 

where's the problem?

I think people have witnessed a few contracts go sour over the years so there is valid concern based on previous signings.

 

It could go either way really time will tell. 

  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris12345 said:

We all cared when we saw Loui in the pressbox and the Canucks missed the playoffs again....

 

Gotta manage the cap and as fans and gossip girls we watch it closely.

And that contract had no consequence in the big picture.  Those players were always going to be filler until the core was developed and ready.  Now that they are, JB made the moves to get rid of them all.  

  • Hydration 1
  • Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Chris12345 said:

I think people have witnessed a few contracts go sour over the years so there is valid concern based on previous signings.

 

It could go either way really time will tell. 

Not really, no.  As I said, those players were placeholders and had zero impact on the team moving forward.

  • Wat 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stawns said:

And that contract had no consequence in the big picture.  Those players were always going to be filler until the core was developed and ready.  Now that they are, JB made the moves to get rid of them all.  

Big picture 100% correct. 7 years it doesn't matter. Would have been nice though to have a $6m player against Vegas on ice.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not really, no.  As I said, those players were placeholders and had zero impact on the team moving forward.

Fair enough but where's his place the pressbox? 6 year placeholder? 

 

Anyways Poolman isn't Loui bad but it might be 1 year too long. We will see!

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, aGENT said:

 

I mean in an absolutely ideal world, where the GM gets exactly what he wants and isn't competing against a dozen other teams, you'd probably prefer to be paying him $2-$2.2m'ish and only three years to minimize risk etc but I mean come on... That's awfully nitty to pick at.

 

 

no terms, all salary after this year, 2.5 aav that could turn out to be a bargain if he can still play18-20 mins with us. 

 

I get it though, people have fatigue on Jim giving out term, if it was 3 years no one would care. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, stawns said:

Not really, no.  As I said, those players were placeholders and had zero impact on the team moving forward.

I basically agree, but zero impact is an exaggeration.  It cost a first to make them go away.  Was it worth it?  I think so.  Was it zero?  No.

  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I think people have witnessed a few contracts go sour over the years so there is valid concern based on previous signings.

 

It could go either way really time will tell. 

what bad way could it go? what are people imagining as a worst case scenario?

  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Maniwaki Canuck said:

I basically agree, but zero impact is an exaggeration.  It cost a first to make them go away.  Was it worth it?  I think so.  Was it zero?  No.

Except they got two stars for those picks.  Players who are immediately part of the core as their window opens.  That's not a "cost", that's a hockey trade.

 

Further to that JB obviously knew that none of the players he wanted were going to be there at #9

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...