The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

A bit too rich for a bottom pairing defenseman. Why give him four years and Hamonic only two? That I don't get. Was hoping for a larger, more physical specimen. Not a huge fan of this signing. Oh well. 

Benning is guilty of zeroing in on certain players he values and getting them at any cost.

Seems like this role could have been filled for cheaper, and at the very least less term committed.

That being said I don’t know much about him. Do his defensive stats stand out in a good way?

• Upvote 1

Very happy with this Poolman signing!! still young, great size RHD, OK in +/-.... had a very decent season the year before... I'd take him over Schenn, yes please!!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Analytics crowd how are his numbers?

Not great by the looks of it.

Term is too long for me.

Edited by babalu

Interesting that the guy hardly takes a penalty… very Tanevesque there. Makes me wonder how physical he is though.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Another free agent overpayment. Benning never learns.

Halak? SUTTER?

Your boy Av is out criticizing Benning signings; I guess you got to fight the 'good fight'

• RoughGame 1

is this not expensive for a guy coming off 1pt in 39 gp...4 yr term at 2.5m!? Canuck GM has striked again in FA, this seems like such an odd move, do they think this guy is top 4?

Just now, Devron44 said:

Must have had a lot of interest. I haven’t followed him so I’ll reserve judgement until he plays some games. He’s big though 

6'2" and 200 lbs isn't really huge. If he brings a consistently physical element to his role, I'll be happy with it. 

Just skimming some of the stats, his corsi isn't great and he's a turnover machine. Got a grand total of one point last season while missing a quite a bit of time.All of the other signings have been great, but this is just a head scratcher.

• Hydration 1
  • Vintage 2

The Canucks are probably gambling that he is better than what he's shown so far. I'll reserve judgment until I see him play.

• Hydration 1
2 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Pretty dishonest if that's what you call a good comment.

Benning absolutely deserves an A+ for overhauling his previous mistakes (with help from owner) and loading up players that will make a difference. He just finished his team in 1 day (not really)

And all you can say is one step forward, one step back.

I only question the Poolman deal, but everything else you literally can't complain at all. You're the one who is not objective.

Lol why so defensive?

This Poolman signing is bad.  There's no reason to be spending that much money and giving out that much term to him.  The only positive is that he saved 500K and didn't give out his patented JB 4x3M special that he loves to give out to these nothing players.

The value for Sutter and Halak is fine but we're grasping at straws if we think that's A+ work lol.

Hope this helps.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Benning is guilty of zeroing in on certain players he values and getting them at any cost.

Seems like this role could have been filled for cheaper, and at the very least less term committed.

That being said I don’t know much about him. Do his defensive stats stand out in a good way?

Schenn or Gudbranson could fill out his role with a lot more of a deterence factor. 

• Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Oh crap... are we really paying this guy $2.5M??? now that's a bit over an overpayment for some guy who's not as good as Hamonic!! OK JB... he's back to his old self again LOL....