The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

All in all I like this signing. It took me a while before it sunk in but he looks like a good fit for us.

Now we just have to wait for camp to see guys on the ice again. Can’t wait.

• Like 2
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

Let's also remember that Benning and the boys are judges of character and talent, so if they see something in poolman then let's just see him play for us, shall we? Maybe his contract turns out great. 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

45 minutes ago, The.Burrowers said:

What are you on about?  Why do these boards have to be so polarizing.  If Poolman is good I dont see why people won't just admit they were wrong and give credit where it is due: to JB, the player, Shaw, Green, management...etc.  I have been wrong about tons of things before.  I was not a big fan of the Miller trade and could not have been more wrong in my life.... Not looking for some reason to diminish JB for that shrewd move just to slag him.... 

Do you consider yourself a whiner?

I'm talking about the people that always twist to the negative no matter what. The ones who never have anything positive to say. If they pretend to be positive it almost always includes a negative caveat.

That's who that prediction is for.

Also for the toddlers that stalk people.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no terms, all salary after this year, 2.5 aav that could turn out to be a bargain if he can still play18-20 mins with us. 

I get it though, people have fatigue on Jim giving out term, if it was 3 years no one would care. 

If it was three years they would claim they would have preferred two years . There is no clauses in the contract so we can always jettison him if we want/need to. RHD are at a premium so unless he goes LE level bad there isn’t much risk with the term as at 2.5 there will always be a taker 

• Like 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, UKNuck96 said:

If it was three years they would claim they would have preferred two years . There is no clauses in the contract so we can always jettison him if we want/need to. RHD are at a premium so unless he goes LE level bad there isn’t much risk with the term as at 2.5 there will always be a taker 

jane the virgin no GIF

27 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Talk about making things too simplistic… 

So… me saying it isn’t as simple as just looking at a player’s size I am being simplistic?  That is honestly your point?  

Talk about posting garbage… you are presumably suggesting that I am wrong and in fact the only variable that matters is a player’s size?  That is is your “nuanced, complex, non simplistic” take on player performance?

My post was literally  that things aren’t that simplistic.    I know you can’t help but whine about stuff, but at least try to use some coherent logic, even if it is wrong… and least it would have some merit rather than just having a tantrum for the sake of hearing yourself type.

• Vintage 1

50 minutes ago, deus.ex.makina said:

Someone said its basically Schmidt for Poolman and a 3rd. 
that and his connection with Boeser start to make some solid points. I may like this acquisition.

when the rumours were Schmidt back to  Vegas - and a poster made fun of the idea of getting fleeced / taking Whitecloud and a pick - I had to ask what would be wrong with getting a RHD who can skate, reasonably physical, good sized defensive defenseman who can be a secondary penalty killer for us and fill a clear organizational need while gaining us cap space to add another necessary signing....that's very comparable to what this pair of deals accomplished in two steps as opposed to one.

Edited by oldnews
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

You obviously didn’t watch any Winnipeg Jets games. Poolman was in their top 4 almost the entire year, averaging over 18 minutes a night in the regular season and over 22 minutes a night in the playoffs. 

Which 3rd pairing Dman in the NHL is playing over 22 minutes a night in playoff games?

Also nobody cares what the WAR and HERO charts say except John Chayka and Ron Francis. Chayka is already out of the league and serving hamburgers and fries at his Wendy’s restaurants. Francis will most likely follow him once people realize all the dumb decisions he made with Seattle and they become a bottom feeder like Arizona. 

Can I ask you a question?

6 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

Depends what the question is… :frantic:

5 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

When the hell are you going to sign?

Tell him 2 weeks before training camp to trigger all the negative posters.

• Haha 4

14 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Poolman was signed because Shaw wanted him.

14 hours ago, vancan2233 said:

Watch the interview with Benning. When asked about Poolman he said that was what Shaw wanted.

I watched the interview, and never heard that ?