The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 minute ago, Darius said:

In my mind Poolman is their "long term" replacement for Stecher. 

I know there have been 'analytics' thrown around about how good Stecher was but IMHO he got exposed in the Las Vegas series last year.  He couldnt handle their bigger players, it looked to me like Vegas was purposely targeting his corner with dump ins and rushes  because he had trouble with board battles and protecting lanes to the net.  

Waiting to see if Poolman is tougher to play against.  Other than glimpses of him in Winnipeg, I dont know enough about him.  Waiting to see him in a bunch of Canuck games.  

If he can handle the bigger players, win his fair share of board battles, and use his speed to skate the puck out of trouble the salary will be well deserved.

We desperately needed to get more size on the blueline.  I like Stecher, but what you said was completely accurate and it was magnified by also having Hughes.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Exactly. I still can't believe how toxic this fan base can be at times.

It's always been this way sadly, and is the case for every Canadian fanbase. I joined the forum in 2010, and there was a ton of hate thrown at the Sedins, Luongo, etc. and that was when the team was at its peak.

Ironically I estimate there are more posts in this thread complaining about the complaints, rather than the complaints themselves.

• Cheers 3

52 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

You used Ovechkin as the example, probably not the best example to use.

Any contract can be bad, including this one. Some fans seem to think that's an impossible scenario.

Wasn’t a comparison. At all. Like I said comprehension issue. 

I wonder how many of the posters, who are unhappy with Poolmans contract, wanted Stecher to be re-signed? I might be mistaken, but seem to remember it would cost in the same ballpark to re-sign Stecher?

Maybe, just maybe, let the boy play a few games before finding the pitchforks... 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Burr 1

11 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Sigh, another example of this.

You interjected in a conversation and didn’t understand the context at all. I never once compared Poolman to Ovechkin. At all. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Canucks free agent signing threads.....

Hamonic = 10 pages

Halak = 6 pages

Schenn = 11 pages

Sutter = 9 pages

Garland = only 14 pages!

Poolman = 54 pages

:frantic::sick::ph34r:

Living Well in the Fishbowl of Ministry - Just Between Us

Vigneault Laughin GIF | Gfycat

That would be an excellent point if not for the fact that almost the entire difference in the number of pages is you and a couple other posters filling 30 pages with your complaining and ragging on about half a dozen posts from people saying they weren’t convinced about this signing.

Go look at the number of posts you have made in this thread compared with the other threads you referenced and then slap yourself for being one of the biggest causes of the exact thing you are whinging about other folks doing.

My God kid… your level of self reflection is so non existent that you probably don’t show up in mirrors.

Edited by Provost
  • Cheers 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

13 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

It's always been this way sadly, and is the case for every Canadian fanbase. I joined the forum in 2010, and there was a ton of hate thrown at the Sedins, Luongo, etc. and that was when the team was at its peak.

Ironically I estimate there are more posts in this thread complaining about the complaints, rather than the complaints themselves.

I`m here to complain about complaining about complaining about complaints.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, wildwood12 said:

Winning solves everything. Go to Stanley Cup Final and e everyone is on board all the players are great!

I'm not so sure about that. I seem to remember that a lot of people's opinions on here of the Sedins went down after 2011.

Edited by 204CanucksFan

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

I`m here to complain about complaining about complaining about complaints.

I intend to file a complaint against you.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 1