The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

30 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Exactly. I still can't believe how toxic this fan base can be at times. This signing has been ridiculed, torn apart and micro examined to no end in just over 24 hours, meanwhile the Hamonic signing has been mostly lauded and celebrated.

Over the last 2 seasons both players put up nearly identical stat lines, but somehow giving Hamonic $3M for 2 years until he's 33 years old is fine but giving Poolman $2.5 for 4 years until he's 32 is a mistake. 

I'm not trying to say that this signing is going to be a great one and Poolman is going to out play his contract and make all the haters eat their words. All I'm saying is that this is a pretty low risk signing for a player that, stylistically, is probably the perfect partner for either Rathbone or Juolevi on the 3rd pair.

Hamonic is a proven defender that has shown to be a safe option on the ice. Poolman is unproven with less than 200 games in the league, and his advanced stats have shown he's not too good. I will wait and see what he can do for us in a reduced role, but from what we can see on the stat sheet, it's not so good. I don't blame people for being critical of this.

• Vintage 1

32 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Exactly. I still can't believe how toxic this fan base can be at times. This signing has been ridiculed, torn apart and micro examined to no end in just over 24 hours, meanwhile the Hamonic signing has been mostly lauded and celebrated.

Over the last 2 seasons both players put up nearly identical stat lines, but somehow giving Hamonic $3M for 2 years until he's 33 years old is fine but giving Poolman $2.5 for 4 years until he's 32 is a mistake. 

I'm not trying to say that this signing is going to be a great one and Poolman is going to out play his contract and make all the haters eat their words. All I'm saying is that this is a pretty low risk signing for a player that, stylistically, is probably the perfect partner for either Rathbone or Juolevi on the 3rd pair.

You trying to say that Hamonic and Poolman are similar level players is lol. (btw I am ok with the Poolman signing, I even think it is decent and could surprise to the upside)

• Vintage 1

18 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

That's because the negative posters on CDC went in to a frenzy of negativity during a ridiculous Covid season. It got to the point that the negative posters were attacking anyone that defended Benning much like they do at HF. Once they started using derogatory terms against fans who dared to be optimistic I decided to call them out on any lies or false narratives. 

I stopped for a while but found them to be dominating threads while most of us were trying to discuss the expansion draft and the entry draft and free agency and any possible trades. I mostly have been challenging people for dishonesty and lies. There have been many people who have expressed pessimism. Not all of them resort to making stuff up and ignoring points that correct their false narratives.

The negativity did not start during covid times. I just said it's been here for at least a decade.

If someone attacked you for supporting a move, they're in the wrong.

If you retaliate by attacking them, then you have become the thing you hate.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Drakrami said:

You trying to say that Hamonic and Poolman are similar level players is lol. (btw I am ok with the Poolman signing, I even think it is decent and could surprise to the upside)

I think he's a better skater than Harmonica and might see time with Hughes. He can play a physical game and still keep up with the play.

O

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Master Mind said:

The negativity did not start during covid times. I just said it's been here for at least a decade.

I hate everyone who disagrees with me because they are inherently wrong.

And I hate everyone who does things I think are stupid.

And minivan drivers, I really hate those. Oh and anyone still driving a Toyota Echo. Seriously, watch next time you're on the road - 95% of all 'strange incidents' or 'deviations from normal and tollerable behaviour' are minivans and Toyota Echos. You watch. 

I think that covers... everything.

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'm talking specifically about this season and how bad the negativity became. You conveniently evaded that point.

I don't focus on them like they focus on negativity. That is a false equivalency.

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, cripplereh said:

well I see it this way, we sign 3 RHD that are good  defensively so does this mean Myers is on the way out???

If not why all three??

Are you referring to Hamonic, Poolman, and Schenn? You're wondering why we signed all three of them and not just two?

9 minutes ago, Provost said:

That would be an excellent point if not for the fact that almost the entire difference in the number of pages is you and a couple other posters filling 30 pages with your complaining and ragging on about half a dozen posts from people saying they weren’t convinced about this signing.

Go look at the number of posts you have made in this thread compared with the other threads you referenced and then slap yourself for being one of the biggest causes of the exact thing you are whinging about other folks doing.

My God kid… your level of self reflection is so non existent that you probably don’t show up in mirrors.

It is an excellent point, period.

I stand behind the actual content I've posted in this thread - easily and by far the most contested of any of this team's signings thus far - regardless of whether I post here or not -  ironically, with twitter-parrot champions like yourself driving some of the most laughable takes imagineable.

Of all the pretenders in here  - you suggesting that anyone else slap themself is the most delicious ironing in this thread.

On 7/28/2021 at 12:37 PM, Provost said:

Not good defensively, non existent offence, not young at all...not a physical guy either.  Nothing I can see so far shows he is really an upgrade on a guy like Chatfield

'Good gawd' pretend-professor,  make use of your unsolicited advice and slap some sense into your arrogant, smarmy self - who thinks he can one-up NHL scouting departments in one sentence after a minute of google-scouting players he's literally never even heard of.

the only point of value in that mindless, crap-goggles one-liner above is the part where you recognize that you see nothing.

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, brownky said:

I hate everyone who disagrees with me because they are inherently wrong.

And I hate everyone who does things I think are stupid.

And minivan drivers, I really hate those. Oh and anyone still driving a Toyota Echo. Seriously, watch next time you're on the road - 95% of all 'strange incidents' or 'deviations from normal and tollerable behaviour' are minivans and Toyota Echos. You watch. 

I think that covers... everything.

minivans are highly under-rated imo.  they aint pretty, but the utility is undeniable.

and you can always live in them, down by the river, when life doesn't cooperate.

p.s. forget Echos -  I don't think you've given enough credit to those "Smart car" drivers. 

Edited by oldnews
  • Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

3 minutes ago, oldnews said:

minivans are highly under-rated imo.  they aint pretty, but the utility is undeniable.

and you can always live in them, down by the river, when life doesn't cooperate.

p.s. forget Echos -  I don't think you've given enough credit to those "Smart car" drivers. 

chris farley snl GIF

This gif was a must.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Drakrami said:

Both guys are 6'2 approx 200lbs. Both have been playing top 4 minutes and are RDs. Both players throw over a hit a game pace, but Poolman last season was way above the hit per game pace. Offensively Hamonic has a higher career PPG. Both guys PK and don't play PP time. Looks like Hamonic gets into more of the scraps. However Poolman rarely takes penalties it seems as he only had 2 PIMs in 39 games (perhaps part of the Tanev comparisons) and had 0 PIMs in the playoffs.

There are some similarities to their games, not identical players, but not a whole lot that separates them as distinctively as different level players.