The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Past few pages defending against negative trolls. Past 7 years whining about Benning. Same same.

You really are disingenuous.

I even stated that the reason the I started engaging with the negative posters is because they were attacking fans and using derogatory terms against them.           

You sure the heck didn't call anyone out for that back then.            That was only 5-6 months ago when it started ramping up.

I can only speak on the posts I see.

If the bolded is true, then they should have been reported. Using derogatory terms in retaliation doesn't help anyone.

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

The majority of negativity I've seen over the past few pages have come from posts like yours and others saying similar things.

That's weak and disingenuous justification imo. Should be able to have a discussion without name calling.

It’s the Canuck’s home forum.  What kind of response is expected when other teams’ fans cast their lines here?  

Your points just don’t measure up.

image.gif.63e86d501896b3449f376cc75e805fef.gif

• Cheers 1
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

Not sure where you are getting your stats but Poolman has better defensive numbers in a larger sample size, that's why he got a bigger contract.

Career Stats:

Hakanpaa - 62GP, 18:01 TOI/G, 44.2 CF%, 43.9 Fen F%, 41 OiGF, 57 OiGA, 89.1 OiS%, 99.1 PDO, 45.1 OZS%, 54.9 DZS%, 90 blocks, 230 hits

Poolman - 120GP, 16:45 TOI/G, 46.4 CF%, 45.1 Fen F%, 79 OiGF, 84 OiGA, 92.2 OiS%, 101.0 PDO, 48 OZS%, 52 DZS%, 126 blocks, 147 hits

So Hakaanpa is bigger, hits alot more, blocks more shots, plays more minutes, and starts in his defensive zone more often. But Poolmans Corsi is slightly higher, and is generally defensively effective ( a la Chris Tanev). Does that kind of sum it up? 

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, TmanVan said:

So Hakaanpa is bigger, hits alot more, blocks more shots, plays more minutes, and starts in his defensive zone more often. But Poolmans Corsi is slightly higher, and is generally defensively effective ( a la Chris Tanev). Does that kind of sum it up? 

Poolman is a better skater as well.

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

When did Panarin want to be here?

From what i can tell the negativity around this signing isnt based on much the player has actually done badly. Its all predictions that he'll suck.

Its an interesting bet, I'm curious what they saw and how he fits. Its way too soon to crap on this deal.

Haha early I said this deal could turn ugly and your response was "you could say that about any player!!!"

And then I used Panarin as a RANDOM example of the type of player the Canucks could pursue in free agency if they didn't waste money on guys like Beagle and Roussel and your response was "when did Panarin want to play here!?" 

I feel like I'm in an argument with my 12 year old brother :lol:

Ps- I agree, it's an interesting bet...they obviously see something in him worth while!

5 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Maybe the plan is

OEL-Hamonic

hughes-poolman

juolevi/rathbone-Myers 

Schenn

poolman plays the role of Chris Tanev

I think he has the wheels to be a good complimentary player with Hughes. If it doesn't work out, then Harmonica can step in and do the job.

9 minutes ago, flat land fish said:

Maybe the plan is

OEL-Hamonic

hughes-poolman

juolevi/rathbone-Myers 

Schenn

poolman plays the role of Chris Tanev

I hope this is how it works out. Myers on first pairing is scary. 
This is Green though so the only thing we know is who will play left side and who will play right. 

Just now, DrJockitch said:

I hope this is how it works out. Myers on first pairing is scary. 
This is Green though so the only thing we know is who will play left side and who will play right. 

Juolevi and Myers worked well together last season. Camp is where it all shakes out though.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I think he has the wheels to be a good complimentary player with Hughes. If it doesn't work out, then Harmonica can step in and do the job.

Harmonica can play harmony with both players, which sounds nice to these ears. 

• Upvote 1

I suspect Shaw had a vote when it comes to Poolie and he seems like an ok UFA signing. 

28, RHD and big....

even gubranson netted us a return in Pearson. Worst case Ontario I think benning and co figure the same can be done with this guy and I agree.

• Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, 204CanucksFan said:

More or less, Hakanpaa is very bad at getting the puck out of his own zone, allows tons of shot attempts against hence more hits and blocks. He also allows goals against a much higher rate and as well as allowing much more dangerous chances against which is why his One Ice Save % is so much lower than Poolman. 

Poolman breaks up entries, takes pucks away from attackers and transitions out of the zone much more efficiently and effectively than Hakanpaa. He is also much more effective at keeping attackers out of the high danger areas.

I think his development stalled a little because of his shoulder surgery. He had to heal and get comfortable with the physical game again. He recovered from Covid at the start of this past season. His Playoff performance is what gives me confidence in this signing. Steady and reliable.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

21 hours ago, Dazzle said:

Ugh... here's this Gillis love fest, involving the downplaying of his flaws.

His drafting was more than just horrible. He wrecked the pool. Nonis' drafting was horrible, but at least he didn't screw the pooch as much as Gillis did. AT minimum, he hit SOME picks.

Gillis had no goaltending prospects at all, at any round. That is unacceptable. The only goaltenders he had control over were inherited - Luongo and Schneider. He messed up that handling too, leaving Vancouver with an aging Luongo. Yes, he got Horvat out of it. What about Luongo's replacement?

No defensive prospects. Gillis couldn't find one useful defenceman besides Hutton during his 6 years of GMing? :picard:

He only hit on first rounds - Hodgson and Horvat. And then look at his absolute misses during the Horvat year... Gillis sucked at a critical part of his job, maintenance of the team, including its futures.

image.thumb.png.cd8c3850d8a9838ad723fce11b5a185a.png

2014 and 2016 were Benning's arguably worst years for drafting. It seemed like every year was a bad year for Gillis...

Here's the rest of GIllis' drafting years.... the excuses you make for his drafting is so hilarious. "HE WAS TRYING TO WINNN!!!" - and yet absolutely flopped on every single round between his first and last years.

image.thumb.png.f3889a82b3c46ff6e8413a2a0a7a9a1e.png

Gillis never found a job in the NHL since. 

Til now, not sure what he really does at head office though. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2