The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

Just now, AV. said:

???

Not really lol.  I say things on here that have a controversial nature since they border on criticism and many don't take kindly to that criticism since it isn't, as some say, pom-pom waving that people want to see.  I accept that.  I don't think I'm a victim at all.

If by 'controversial' you mean misleading, sure. You seem to think that it's everyone's fault for reacting to your posts. :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Dazzle said:

If by 'controversial' you mean misleading, sure. You seem to think that it's everyone's fault for reacting to your posts. :lol:

Ehh, at worst I am guilty of hyperbole at times.  Although, most of what I say is rooted in facts.

With that said, people can (1) ignore what I have to say, (2) ignore me.  People choose to engage with me and I am happy to entertain discussion.

• Cheers 2

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

If people can characterize optimistic posters as pom pom wavers then they should have no issue when negative posters are referred to as snivelling whiners.

Lol, be honest.  You just wanted an excuse to call me a whiner, didntcha?

Ya got me ! 

• Haha 1
  • RoughGame 3

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

You self identify as a whiner if that's what you took from my post.

No, I'm just responding to whatever silliness you have your head wrapped up in.

You accuse me of acting like victim (I have not) and then ask if you can call me whiner since accusing people of being pom-pom wavers is somehow the same.

Not sure how you're arriving at your conclusions lmfao.

• RoughGame 1

8 minutes ago, AV. said:

Lol, be honest.  You just wanted an excuse to call me a whiner, didntcha?

Ya got me ! 

Not hard to find a reason!

While you're at it, you might as well make a neg post about the Pettersson and Hughes signings...oh wait, they haven't happened...but that doesn't matter in your eyes, just judgement, criticism & negativity based on past mistakes only all while ignoring past / current positive moves etc. 

You have such a easy job! 

• Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, AV. said:

No, I'm just responding to whatever silliness you have your head wrapped up in.

You accuse me of acting like victim (I have not) and then ask if you can call me whiner since accusing people of being pom-pom wavers is somehow the same.

Not sure how you're arriving at your conclusions lmfao.

I don't need your permission to consider you a whiner.

You claim to be intelligent, yet you can't seem to grasp simple concepts. Your partner mastermind was going on and on yesterday about how we should be more civil and not name call. Pom pom waver is name calling. I stopped using the term snivelling whiner yesterday and was using the term negative posters. If it's okay for whiners to label optimistic people then you have no leg to stand on when you are characterized in return.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 2
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

I don't need your permission to consider you a whiner.

You claim to be intelligent, yet you can't seem to grasp simple concepts. Your partner mastermind was going on and on yesterday about how we should be more civil and not name call. Pom pom waver is name calling. I stopped using the term snivelling whiner yesterday and was using the term negative posters. If okay for you whiners to label optimistic people then you have no leg to stand on when you are characterized in return.

Ok but I didn't call you a pom-pom waver lol.

I responded to something you said and answered (that question) that because I do not "pom-pom wave", I get pressed for my thoughts.

For somebody who doesn't want to be name-called, you sure are finding a justification to name call on me (which, fwiw, I don't really care about.  For your own sake, try not to say something that'll get you suspended or banned).

Hope this helps.

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, AV. said:

Ok but I didn't call you a pom-pom waver lol.

I responded to something you said and answered (that question) that because I do not "pom-pom wave", I get pressed for my thoughts.

For somebody who doesn't want to be name-called, you sure are finding a justification to name call on me (which, fwiw, I don't really care about.  For your own sake, try not to say something that'll get you suspended or banned).

Hope this helps.

You didn't respond to the post that you quoted though. In the post that you quoted, I stated that Benning is respected by other GMs. You didn't respond to that until I asked you why you quoted me.

If your posts are "rooted in facts", then get your facts straight.

58 minutes ago, AV. said:

My point didn't really have anything to do with Benning.  I can't dispute it as I don't know how he gets along with other GMs.

From all accounts, Benning comes across as a really friendly man.  Don't imagine he would have too many enemies (for better or worse).

@RWMc1

3 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

You didn't respond to the post that you quoted though. In the post that you quoted, I stated that Benning is respected by other GMs. You didn't respond to that until I asked you why you quoted me.

If your posts are "rooted in facts", then get your facts straight.

So, the issue is that I responded later rather than when you wanted?  Uhhm, ok, sorry?

2 minutes ago, RWMc1 said:

Only on one side though apparently. I've yet to see you challenge one of the snivelling whiners.

Yep! As he follows my posts and downvotes them and doesn't even quote me and have a conversation with me about whatever it is he downvoting me for. But, he upvotes all the other posts from the posters who are whining / negative. 

If these handful of people hate Benning so much, maybe them, Taj, Uncle Laleet, Drance and Sekeres can go down to English Bay and fly Fire Benning Kites together. I'm sure fun would be had by all! 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

So, the issue is that I responded later rather than when you wanted?  Uhhm, ok, sorry?

More inability to grasp basic concepts. No surprise.

The issue is that you quoted me out of context and characterized me as a poster while not responding to the the post that you quoted. Responding after I queried you is irrelevant.

Just now, IRR said:

Yep! As he follows my posts and downvotes them and doesn't even quote me and have a conversation with me about whatever it is he downvoting me for. But, he upvotes all the other posts from the posters who are whining / negative. 

If these handful of people hate Benning so much, maybe them, Taj, Uncle Laleet, Drance and Sekeres can go down to English Bay and fly Fire Benning Kites together. I'm sure fun would be had by all! 

Thing is, nobody here "hates" Benning.

You're attaching emotion and your own interpretations to these otherwise valid criticisms about his moves.

That's not on them, that's on you.

• Haha 1