The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

More inability to grasp basic concepts. No surprise.

The issue is that you quoted me out of context and characterized me as a poster while not responding to the the post that you quoted. Responding after I queried you is irrelevant.

My apologies for quoting you by mistake.   Four people quoted the same thing I said, I just assumed they all had to do with the, y'know, post that was being quoted.

Are you satisfied now?

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

Yep! As he follows my posts and downvotes them and doesn't even quote me and have a conversation with me about whatever it is he downvoting me for. But, he upvotes all the other posts from the posters who are whining / negative. 

If these handful of people hate Benning so much, maybe them, Taj, Uncle Laleet, Drance and Sekeres can go down to English Bay and fly Fire Benning Kites together. I'm sure fun would be had by all! 

av and mm were doing that to me for two days.

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 1

It's amazing the constant stupid excuses the Benning haters come up with. On top of that, they have the nerve to act like they are just being "real" while everyone else is being crazy when they don't crap all over Benning, then they whine and cry when they are called out on their B.S.. But please, keep crying and making fools of yourselves.

Edited by Nucksownyou
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, AV. said:

Thing is, nobody here "hates" Benning.

You're attaching emotion and your own interpretations to these otherwise valid criticisms about his moves.

That's not on them, that's on you.

Nope...the proof is in the actions / words and the only ones not seeing it are the ones doing it and their little group of followers. Everyone else sees it clear as day! 

• Cheers 2

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

It's amazing the constant stupid excuses the Benning haters come up with. On top of that, they have the nerve to act like they are just being "real" then whine and cry when they are called out on their B.S.. But please, keep crying and making fools of yourselves.

Yet, most of the whining in this thread are in the vein as posts like this one.

Makes you wonder..

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 4

The thing is, I actually get why some people are upset about this signing.....it's a risk.

But so are all of them. I think there's a reasonable chance that Poolman lives up to expectations, but I honestly don't know one way or another and I said as much in my first post ITT. It's just the assumption that this is a bad signing that I find puzzling....why not give it at least a year?

That being said, there are some people who are saying they'll wait and see and to them I say "cheers"....

....to everyone else, I say:

can't we all just get along ? - rodney king | Meme Generator

1 minute ago, AV. said:

My apologies for quoting you by mistake.   Four people quoted the same thing I said, I just assumed they all had to do with the, y'know, post that was being quoted.

Are you satisfied now?

I believe that that is an outright lie. I don't for a second think it was a mistake that you quoted me.

I do accept you apology however. If you interact with me, do so honestly or I will call you on it.

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Only on one side though apparently. I've yet to see you challenge one of the snivelling whiners.

I've challenged many different posters on various topics. I am not purely anti-Benning. Check my entire post history if you doubt me. Funny that you call me disingenuous...

What specifically are you expecting me to challenge? I agree with the critics on Poolman. I've followed his career and watch him regularly, and I don't think he is worth his contract. Yet "Whiners" and Idiots" has been thrown around on a number of occasions for simply having this mindset.

• Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Nucksownyou said:

LOL, here's one of them now. What else are you going to whine about?

??

If you're going to classify anything you don't deem positive, whether about the player or correcting the mistakes in your post, as "whining", then, yes, everything here is "whining".

• Wat 1

2 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I've challenged many different posters on various topics. I am not purely anti-Benning. Check my entire post history if you doubt me. Funny that you call me disingenuous...

What specifically are you expecting me to challenge? I agree with the critics on Poolman. I've followed his career and watch him regularly, and I don't think he is worth his contract. Yet "Whiners" and Idiots" has been thrown around on a number of occasions for simply having this mindset.

I'll trust Shaw's judgement over some random on the internet who can't stop whining about literally every move Benning makes.

• Cheers 3

Just now, IRR said:

I think he will be solid, especially with Shaw here now.....and honestly, that's all he needs to do i think. Just quietly go about playing solid defense and if there's more there, great! 

And avoid reading the forums on Canucks.com, Tucker. 

• Cheers 1

7 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Many people have questioned the move. Not all of them have been challenged. The ones who seem to get quoted are the ones with a history of negativity and the ones who refuse to acknowledge points being made.

Anyone can stat gaze. A lot of posters here look beyond that to factors in why he was targeted by us and why he took so long to establish himself. You know, like actual fans.

I called you disingenuous when you were wilfully ignoring points that I was making.

Edited by RWMc1
  • Cheers 1

Just now, IRR said:

I think he will be solid, especially with Shaw here now.....and honestly, that's all he needs to do i think. Just quietly go about playing solid defense and if there's more there, great! 

Yep.  He's a role player who is a good fit for what we need.  There were a limited number of defensive righties available and Benning got two of the better options.