The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

I don't think so, bud. This is divisive language, and you approved it.

image.thumb.png.bdb0dbd4da4c3f40d3af651ecd679f4b.png

It's a stretch to say that's the same as calling someone an idiot.

Besides, I gave a cheers for him stating he's not a victim, as I agree with that.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 minute ago, RWMc1 said:

Another stupid strawman tangent. Is that all you're capable of?

I've been around a long time.  We didn't have negativity on the scale we do now back in 2009, 2010, 2011, etc.

Was anybody negative during our bubble playoff run?  

Winning helps, that's all.

• Haha 1

Just now, AV. said:

Why?  People are passionate about the team they love and they're allowed to react how they wish.  As long as they aren't abusing others or breaking rules, what does it matter if they want to be critical of the team?

Is it really that hard to understand??? Again, there's a diff between finding a balance and doing those things in moderation and incessant negativity that some of you are doing! 

Playoffs and Stanley cup aside, would you say starting to win games is the first important step and is ultimately the goal in sports? 

• Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RWMc1 said:

Were they using divisive language?

Here's a clue, your partner did that a few pages back and you didn't say a word. Did you see that. If not go back a few pages and read av's posts. I'll wait for you to call that poster out.

Yes.

AV's my partner? @AV. I'm calling you out as you weren't supposed to let that be known. My wife will be furious!

• Haha 2
  • RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, IRR said:

Is it really that hard to understand??? Again, there's a diff between finding a balance and doing those things in moderation and incessant negativity that some of you are doing! 

Playoffs and Stanley cup aside, would you say starting to win games is the first important step and is ultimately the goal in sports? 

To be quite honest, I think you're pretty disingenuous when you say this.  I've yet to see a criticism you've interacted with and not freak about it.

And, yes.  If the team is winning (sustainably), I don't see why people would come on here to complain.

People only complain when we lose or made a questionable trade or signing.  Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of losing and questionable personnel moves over the years, hence, it's not surprising to see negativity around here.

• RoughGame 1

2 minutes ago, AV. said:

To be quite honest, I think you're pretty disingenuous when you say this.  I've yet to see a criticism you've interacted with and not freak about it.

And, yes.  If the team is winning (sustainably), I don't see why people would come on here to complain.

People only complain when we lose or made a questionable trade or signing.  Unfortunately, we've seen a lot of losing and questionable personnel moves over the years, hence, it's not surprising to see negativity around here.

Yeah, and look which people it is...the handful of people doing the things we've been talking about and no one else. Because, like i said, there's a DIFFERENCE!!! Those others aren't doing what we're talking about, so regular discussions happen. Surprise! 

So, if the team starts doing well and is having a good season (and the players are doing well) and is consistently winning games...and i see you continue to be incessantly negative / s******* on Benning i will make sure you are reminded of the things you said and are accountable. 

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 2

8 minutes ago, IRR said:

Yeah, and look which people it is...the handful of people doing the things we've been talking about and no one else. Because, like i said, there's a DIFFERENCE!!! Those others aren't doing what we're talking about, so regular discussions happen. Surprise! 

So, if the team starts doing well and is having a good season (and the players are doing well) and is consistently winning games...and i see you continue to be incessantly negative / s******* on Benning i will make sure you are reminded of the things you said and are accountable. 

Ditto - call out the BS/trolling when you see 

• Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, IRR said:

We?  Is this referring to Canucks fans as a whole or is "we" simply a group of users who aren't capable of ignoring what they read or using the ignore function?  There's a major difference between the two.

In any event, criticism on this board follows a logical path and has since I've been on here.  When good things happen, the mood is bright and there are celebrations  When they don't, there is a fallout.  Some people are okay with this, others like yourself feel the need to police the responses because to them, criticism is inconvenient and unpleasant to read.  So, to answer your question, if the season is going well and the roster moves make sense, why would there be a need to complain?

• RoughGame 1

4 minutes ago, IRR said:

Keep dodging! Again, our issue isn't across the board with people with diff opinions, constructive criticism, not liking everything the team does or not being on the same page. It is ONLY with you and a handful of others and what you are doing. And, it's also NOT about not being able ignore these things. There's people doing the things above and many of us are still able to have a constructive conversations about all those things with them. We are NOT able to do that with you and a few others because of what you're doing. We can choose to ignore you and the few others i'm talking about, but it's impossible to ignore your incessant negative posts consuming damn near every single thread and for that we choose to call you out / make you accountable. Period!! 

For as long as you use "we" and "our" and fail to distinguish if you're speaking on behalf of the wider fanbase or select few users who have a personal problem with valid criticisms, it's hard to take what you say seriously.

In case you don't know, the ignore function skips over a person's post.  If you dislike reading criticism and "negativity", you can quite literally block it and roam CDC without seeing anything negative.  For whatever reason, you choose not to do it and complain afterwards.  Maybe it's time to demand accountability from yourself and take action for these changes you want.

Hope this helps.

• RoughGame 1

Just now, AV. said:

What exactly should I be taking accountability for?

Owning up to your BS.

image.thumb.png.500d38523b88ebf40348f251fc7a5308.png

Not surprised you didn't address this at all. This is one of many examples we can dig up where you just flat out lie.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, AV. said:

For as long as you use "we" and "our" and fail to distinguish if you're speaking on behalf of the wider fanbase or select few users who have a personal problem with valid criticisms, it's hard to take what you say seriously.

In case you don't know, the ignore function skips over a person's post.  If you dislike reading criticism and "negativity", you can quite literally block it and roam CDC without seeing anything negative.  For whatever reason, you choose not to do it and complain afterwards.  Maybe it's time to demand accountability from yourself and take action for these changes you want.

Hope this helps.

You're just proving my point! Ignore everything everyone is telling you and continue doing the things that are an issue. Are you really that stubborn / ignorant that you can't take a step back / reflect and maybe say to yourself, perhaps i'm wrong in this particular situation and maybe i need to change what i'm doing, especially when this many people are saying something. God forbid we take responsibility and try and better ourself. How horrible! 

You know what, i'm done contributing to this nonsense as i'm sure others are...and i'm going to go have reg discussions with people (it's what the rest of us do) about all the POSITIVE changes and the excitment of this coming season. Enjoy wallowing in negativity!

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I’m thinking these are members of the Leaf faneroos.  We got Poolman, who is an excellent defensive player, who is hard to play against.  Dumbass just signed Kase, who is as soft as they come.  He’s a friggin’ marshmallow!  Benning is winning this off season.  Dumbass is building a Smore.  

The Leafs will be watching round 2 and beyond on TV, so might as well have some smores right?

• Haha 3