The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

16 minutes ago, AV. said:

I hope he can replicate (here in Vancouver) what those fans noticed.  It doesn't change or invalidate how I feel or how other qualified experts feel about this signing (the term and the price, not the player's ability).

That's a personal issue on your end.  You're choosing - as a fan and not the player, management, or anyone else - to get personally offended by the framing of my criticisms directed at the management and this signing.  It would be different if I was tagging or taking shots at you or others but I'm not.

We have an ignore function that you're more than welcome to use if simply separating yourself from somebody's criticism is proving too difficult.

Hope this helps.

Calling you and others out on their bs =/= being offended. 

• Cheers 4

Just now, Dazzle said:

A couple of pages worth of observations of Poolman from Winnipeg fans seem to have been missed by you. What is your role here? Go back and re-read those pages and then come back for a discussion on Poolman.

Mods are going to be enforcing this.

You keep making piles of posts that have nothing to do with Poolman and keep quoting me while putting reams of downvotes on anyone that doesn’t agree with you.

You should hope the mods don’t enforce things because you are BY FAR the one posting more off topic nonsense on here than anyone else… certainly significantly more than me.

Oh, and you as always decided to deflect from the fact that you had thrown out insults using stuff you invented that is easily fact checked as wrong.

Feel like answering the actual question?

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

<Insert comment about I was talking about Poolman the other day until it got derailed>

First two comments of the thread.

This is all the proof you need to see that AV is only interested in taking shots at the GM more than the player.

Need more proof?

This was literally found in just 5 minutes. This guy has absolutely no intention of talking about Poolman as a player without taking some kind of shot at the GM, which is problematic, considering this isn't a thread about GM Benning's performance in previous free agencies. Does he offer anything insightful about the player? Perhaps some knowledge about the player's performance during the season and playoffs?

One Winnipeg fan said this about Poolman: "But he's actually pretty good when he's appropriately slotted. The hate he received was never justified."

https://public.tableau.com/app/profile/christopher.turtoro/viz/shared/WXB27MC3J

image.png.d2720e152f0f9c726abf14a0bcd7ac68.png

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/winnipeg-jets-defense.2804328/

Poolman: Playing very well this year. Good skater. Ideally third pair.

Morrissey just doesn't look comfortable, and I can't explain it. Doesn't matter who is out there. He hasn't had too many dominant games this year. I'd like to see more from him and Poolman, because that's unequivocally our best skating pairing, and of all defensive combinations we have, that is actually the one who has the most games together, which is another part of our defensive struggles at times.

I think we could get more results form having Poolman and Stanley in the lineup, and there is potential for Morrissey-Poolman to be a solid 2nd PK. I honestly think Beaulieu plays better when he fights, but maybe he's been told not to. He's a guy I want on the team, and I think would be professional enough to handle the #7 role well.

As a top 4, there's no superstar, and a couple of guys who are competent there but would be excellent bottom pair guys (amongst the leagues best).

• Poolman: Didn't realize how much this guys game has grown until he was pulled out of the lineup and I saw him come back and play again. He's really great at puck retrievals and using his big body and reach to protect the puck for exits. Great bottom pair option

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

(continued)

Below are comments made by posters - not my opinions.

I don't think there is any reason to draw Poolman out of the lineup, so there's a spot for one defenseman, and it's arguable whether that d-man should have an offensive or defensive impact. If we had a stronger defensive impact from Morrissey, I'd say that spot would be Heinola's for the taking, but I'd argue that Stanley's probably the best suited right now to fill that role, as he has the potential to fill both ends. Beaulieu's PKing might make him more valuable however, if you are measuring the overall impact, including special teams, that's a tough call. Samberg is the one most likely to make the jump this year, but he's had the longest layoff and as long as Forbort is playing decent hockey, I'm not sure I'd promote him over Stanley at this point. By midseason once he's gotten up to speed, I think he offers more to his game than Stanley can, because of his better mobility. Starting him on the right side maybe he could replace Poolman, but I wouldn't be racing to do so. Poolman took awhile to process the game, I'm not sure Samberg would offer better results as a raw rookie.

6/7 kind of guy like Beaulieu. Someone whose best suited on a 3rd line.

I disagree and see poolman, Stanley, forbort all better than beaulieu.

----

From these comments, we can probably infer that Poolman is no scrub.

21 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Pretty pathetic response, considering the amount of engagement you have had in this thread.

Here are some concerns about Poolman, which are not necessarily deal breakers, but something that Canucks staff have to watch out for.

Drives me crazy that the Jets struggle along with Beaulieu, Poolman and Forbort playing above their capabilities, with two terrific young D playing very well in the AHL.

Last night, Beaulieu was a catastrophe again. Poolman had a couple of really bad plays that led to the Habs' second goal, opening the flood gates. His stretch passes were awful, leading to unnecessary icings and stopping transition. He'd be okay on a third pair, but not a top pair.

I like poolman as a bottom pairing D. Anything higher u are asking for trouble doesn’t mean he’s bad just is what he is.

My thoughts: Sounds like they had a brutal game. It happens.

Another poster said:

https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/winnipeg-jets-defense.2804328/page-17

Poolman is a good combination of size and speed that only Samberg could potentially replace internally, and Poolman has done well against some good competition, like Mc Jesus. I don't think Gawanke has the defending skills to be a replacement. So that right side is still the biggest issue. Beaulieu's inconsistency being probably the next biggest problem.

What scares me is the Jets are going to go for a guy like Savard, at the expense of Poolman, and our defense will become even slower. Which is an attacking point for any team.

Poolman had a rough game last night but he's been pretty decent for the most part... not quite first pairing talent though

@Provost

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2

3 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

The point of prospects is that they make the NHL. It is not a bad thing we have players graduating to he NHL and using that as a knock on our prospect pool shows how little you care about anything beyond being “right” in your myopic view of Benning. 

Who said it was… stop lying and making things up.

Someone quoted me and was denigrating me by using pretend facts that were objectively false.  I responded that those were false (they are… go do some work and look it up).

We have fewer of our own prospects on our roster now that when Benning started we don’t have more that graduated to the NHL than we lost.

We have a thin pipeline after them graduating due to so many picks being traded away.  

We have fewer of our own draft picks on our roster than most teams.

How is that evidence that we were trying to rebuild for the last seven years.. or even more importantly that we successfully rebuilt over there time like the contention is?

• Haha 2
  • Wat 2
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

Someone quoted me and was denigrating me by using pretend facts that were objectively false.  I responded that those were false (they are… go do some work and look it up).

We have fewer of our own prospects on our roster now that when Benning started we don’t have more that graduated to the NHL than we lost.

We have a thin pipeline after them graduating due to so many picks being traded away.  

How is that evidence that we were trying to rebuild for the last seven years.. or even more importantly that we successfully rebuilt over there time like the contention is?

Are you going to talk about Poolman? Quotes have been conveniently linked to you.

@AV. That's multiple instances that you're not adding anything of input in this thread, except emotes.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1

51 minutes ago, Provost said:

Bad take is bad and discussing anything with you is pointless as you’re never up for an actual discussion. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1

Just now, canuck73_3 said:

Bad take is bad and discussing anything with you is pointless as you’re never up for a ln actual discussion. 

I see crickets from you and Dazzle when taking smack in a post using made up nonsense and getting called out on it.  

Still don’t want to answer the question I see.  How is it a “bad take”.  It is demonstrably and verifiably true.  Refute it with facts rather than being snarky and deflecting…

I was away from the thread for a long time and came back to a couple dozen notifications and posts from you guys that had nothing to do with Poolman… so stop trying to suggest you are trying to have discussions about the topic and are some sort of victims of people trying to derail the thread… it is literally you two derailing the thread repeatedly and then crying when someone responds to you quoting and downvoting them dozens of times.

• Thanks 1
  • RoughGame 3

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

Pettersson

Boeser

Hughes

Demko

Juolevi

Hoglander

on the cusp

Rathbone
Brisebois

Gadjovich

Podkolzin

Lockwood

In the pipeline

DiPietro

Jurmo

Costmar

Silovs

Woo

Klimovich

Jasek

etc etc 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Are you going to talk about Poolman? Quotes have been conveniently linked to you.

Are you going to answer the question regarding your “non-Poolman” related post insulting me using lies?

Presumably not…

• RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, Provost said:

I see crickets from you and Dazzle when taking smack in a post using made up nonsense and getting called out on it.  

Still don’t want to answer the question I see.  How is it a “bad take”.  It is demonstrably and verifiably true.  Refute it with facts rather than being snarky and deflecting…

I was away from the thread for a long time and came back to a couple dozen notifications and posts from you guys that had nothing to do with Poolman… so stop trying to suggest you are trying to have discussions about the topic and are some sort of victims of people trying to derail the thread… it is literally you two derailing the thread repeatedly and then crying when someone responds to you quoting and downvoting them dozens of times.

I've actually produced pages of stuff I lifted from other sources on Poolman recently, have you engaged on the topic at hand?

• Cheers 3
  • Huggy Bear 1

1 minute ago, canuck73_3 said:

Pettersson

Boeser

Hughes

Demko

Juolevi

Hoglander

on the cusp

Rathbone
Brisebois

Gadjovich

Podkolzin

Lockwood

In the pipeline

DiPietro

Jurmo

Costmar

Silovs

Woo

Klimovich

Jasek

etc etc 

We all know the numbers…

So six on the roster already… two likely to be on the roster next season… a bunch of others who we have no idea about that make up one of the weakest prospect pools in the league.

Fewer than when Benning started… fewer than most teams.  How is that proof of a successful rebuild?

• Cheers 2
  • RoughGame 2

40 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Look no further than the fact that AV has nothing to add to this Poolman player. I've directly messaged him twice for his thoughts, and so far, he's only countered with several Twitter quotes.

I just want to demonstrate to the mods that we are trying to discuss the player, even inviting AV to engage in the discussion of Poolman, but as everyone can see, he is not cooperating. That's because he never had any intention of talking about the player.

This is all the proof you need to see that AV is only interested in taking shots at the GM more than the player.

It feels like he posted the tweets in response to you posting links to other hockey forums. Neither of which should be solely trusted in evaluating a player.

Similarly it seems many of the critics on this signing are skeptical of the term and aav, not Poolman himself. That's on the GM if it backfires, can't blame the player for taking as much money as possible (although people did that to Loui for some reason).

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • RoughGame 1

Just now, Master Mind said:

It feels like he posted the tweets in response to you posting links to other hockey forums. Neither of which should be solely trusted in evaluating a player.

Similarly it seems many of the critics on this signing are skeptical of the term and aav, not Poolman himself. That's on the GM if it backfires, can't blame the player for taking as much money as possible (although people did that to Loui for some reason).

These were DIFFERENT perspectives on the player in different situafions. You seem to have missed the boat on this, badly. Furthermore, I don't see you engaging about the player, but instead defending your fantasy hockey pool friend.

• Cheers 3
  • Wat 1

58 minutes ago, AV. said:

It doesn't change or invalidate how I feel or how other qualified experts feel about this signing (the term and the price, not the player's ability).

I'd like to get in to  just how you are qualified, and why you think you can join in with the 'other experts'.

Do you have some sort of accreditation, a diploma or some such paperwork?

Years of experience working in the league, with the "other experts"?

Do tell.

• Cheers 4

19 minutes ago, Provost said:

We all know the numbers…

So six on the roster already… two likely to be on the roster next season… a bunch of others who we have no idea about that make up one of the weakest prospect pools in the league.

Fewer than when Benning started… fewer than most teams.  How is that proof of a successful rebuild?

Quality>>>Quantity also you ignore the players brought in as rebuilds are not linear draft only moves. 

You also said nothing in the pipeline which is laughably false. 

Just admit it was a rebuild and not the way you agree with already. 

I don’t agree with tank rebuilds like Edmonton and Buffalo but they are still rebuilds. It is not that hard to grasp. 

Edited by canuck73_3
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

These were DIFFERENT perspectives on the player in different situafions. You seem to have missed the boat on this, badly. Furthermore, I don't see you engaging about the player, but instead defending your fantasy hockey pool friend.

Nope...he just hides in the shadows and down votes everyone and up votes his buddy. 

I love how someone else completely ignored my post (responce) about own draft picks...just shows they're full of it!  

• Cheers 1