The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Tucker Poolman

1 assist in 39 games. (and no goals)........ how close is that to some record?

honestly, you can spin "not an offensive player" or "stats don't tell the whole story"..... but that stat seems amazing, and not in a good way

unrelated, but did Jake Virtanen have an assist this year? of course, he had goals

• RoughGame 2

7 hours ago, Tucker Poolman said:

Flattered to see almost 100 pages of discussion here, this is crazy being in a market like Vancouver instead of the dump that is Winnipeg!

Great signing by GMJB, in my humble opinion.

No need to read the threads from 1-94 or so. They are all about praising you for signing at such a discount, despite having a very good playoffs. I foresee that you'll be an offensive dynamo that no one ever predicted, except me ;) Maybe playing with OEL will make you hit double digits in goals ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, grouse747 said:

1 assist in 39 games. (and no goals)........ how close is that to some record?

honestly, you can spin "not an offensive player" or "stats don't tell the whole story"..... but that stat seems amazing, and not in a good way

unrelated, but did Jake Virtanen have an assist this year? of course, he had goals

That was a shortened regular season 

Playoffs he was 1g 1a in 8 games 

He was gaining increasing defensive stature as the playoffs went on. In the Edm series he was bottom pairing with rookie Stanley. By the end of the Mont series he was in the first PK. I noticed Morrissey and Pionk took a lot of chances into the offensive zone. Dubois as well. Stanley made some rookie mistakes in key moments. 

Tucky is not really a offense first dman. 

But I think Winnipeg will miss his quiet game, heck even the announcers rarely said his name when he touched the puck. 

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Cheers 2

This thread has settled down nicely!  Some great insight as to Poolman's strengths and where Benning and co potentially see him fitting.  It still seems like a bit of a gamble signing him to 4 yrs but hey... Benning never has been all that conservative in relation to his FA signings. 

Edited by Hogs & Podz

2 minutes ago, Hogs & Podz said:

This thread has settled down nicely!  Some great insight as to Poolman's strengths and where Benning and co potentially see him fitting.  It still seems like a bit of a gamble signing him to 4 yrs but hey... Benning never has been all that conservative in relation to his FA signings. 

thats true. Through all the instant bad takes came a lot of really interesting info on Poolman. I do think its a bit of a risk, but he seems to have the tools to be a solid player. 

• Cheers 4