The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Danila Klimovich

3 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Straight line top speed he’s very fast.  Sounds like part of his training is running hills.  He’s a very strong kid, but he’s not NHL ready.  Going to be fun to see him in camp.  

How many years until he's NHL ready? I wouldn't want to rush him though

Just now, DeNiro said:

The thing about him being in Abby is he could be called up and down as much as they want. Even just to practice with big club.

And the access to the best coaching is right here too.  Power skating, diet consultant.  Whatever is best.  If he is playing in Abbotsford I’ll be driving the scooter out there to watch him, that’s for sure.  (8km/hr to go 60 km means I leave at ...) 

• Cheers 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Podz19 said:

Thanks for the other info...where did you see his skating is below average? The write up in the link below says he has NHL speed. As a big guy he'll never has Quinn Hughes edges so I'm curious where you saw below average

Danila Klimovich - 2021 NHL Draft Prospect Profile (thehockeywriters.com)

Only one quote but there are others

The size, the skills, the hockey sense are all there for him to be an offensive producing player and he’s consistent in his approach. He’s got NHL speed and competes hard. Now, he does have a flair for the dramatic at times, but that’s good. It means he’s confident, but, every shift, he’s first on pucks, always going to the net and he’s got that knack to be open and available to get that shot off. He’s on the top line and is the top scorer and he’s one of the first forwards coming back on the play.” – Dan Marr, director of NHL Central Scouting

I love this quote about him too! 

Klimovich is a highly creative goal scoring forward with an NHL caliber shot and a compete level that is off the charts

Oh, the video that I showed you, the guy says he has below average speed. I think it's pretty correctable, but I'm not an expert. I don't think it's that big of an issue because Benning likes his other traits.

• Cheers 1

51 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Straight line top speed he’s very fast.  Sounds like part of his training is running hills.  He’s a very strong kid, but he’s not NHL ready.  Going to be fun to see him in camp.  

Where did you read that his straight line is very fast? I think he's kind of lacking the extra gear. I think if he gets Horvat's coach or something, his game is easily gonna go into the stratosphere.

• Like 1

From another thread:

5 minutes ago, Stierlitz said:

Found details of his ELC https://www.capfriendly.com/players/danila-klimovich

SEASON CLAUSE CAP HIT q2.svg AAV q2.svg P. BONUSES q2.svg S. BONUSES q2.svg BASE SALARY q2.svg TOTAL SALARY q2.svg MINORS SALARY q2.svg
2021-22   $886,667 $925,000 $82,500 $92,500 $750,000 $842,500 $80,000
2022-23   $886,667 $925,000 $32,500 $92,500 $800,000 $892,500 $80,000
2023-24   $886,667 $925,000 $0 $92,500 $832,500 $925,000 $80,000
TOTAL   $2,660,001 $2,775,000 $115,000 $277,500 $2,382,500 $2,660,000 $240,000

I've got a guy feeling about this kid.

Watched a bit of video since he has been drafted,read every report I could find.

Glad he has been brought over to play in NA in the AHL rather than a junior league,I feel the improvement in his skills will benefit from that.

Here's hoping we hear he shoots,he scores sooner than later when Danila finally hits the with our team.

• Cheers 1

6 hours ago, theo5789 said:

Now that he's signed, he can be loaned to the KHL right? Does that burn any of the contract years? Perhaps its more favourable to have him play in the QMJHL and slide his contract a year. I think I'd like to see him in the KHL playing against men. Could do the same in the AHL, but I don't want him thinking he's got the short track to getting into the NHL.

Yes, he can be loaned. It used to be the contract would slide overseas until they turned 21, and I don't think that's changed.

5 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

Can he go back to junior under a NHL contract? 

Yup, the contract will slide until he goes pro in NA or becomes too old. He just can't go the college route.

• Cheers 2

25 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Yes, he can be loaned. It used to be the contract would slide overseas until they turned 21, and I don't think that's changed.

Yup, the contract will slide until he goes pro in NA or becomes too old. He just can't go the college route.

Why are people saying he can go AHL or KHL? 

Abbotsford is such a good spot for the Canucks farm man. Gonna be able to get way more brief call-ups who actually get to do something even if they don't dress in a game, kinda wild that they've had farm teams in Utica and Chicago (pre-Manitoba) lately. This could be a big a blessing.

• Vintage 1

4 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Cuz he can? Or the QMJHL is an option too

Can me and my friend have a conversion without someone with no clue about the conversation butting in? 

Buddy brought up Q

I was like yo I thought he could only go to A or K

buddy was like no junior a okay

i was like I thought a or k 

then you came in 

now u explain thanks

• Cheers 1

36 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

If the contract slides going to the KHL, then I'd send him to the KHL. Would be the best developmental path IMO as long as he goes to a team willing to play him decent minutes. Give him some time to learn some English (if he isn't fluent already) and prepare for the adjustment to come to NA after a year. Then go to the AHL the following year and give him a real chance to crack the NHL roster after that. Make sure he understands this development path that we have set for him.

15 minutes ago, Teemu Selänne said:

Abbotsford is such a good spot for the Canucks farm man. Gonna be able to get way more brief call-ups who actually get to do something even if they don't dress in a game, kinda wild that they've had farm teams in Utica and Chicago (pre-Manitoba) lately. This could be a big a blessing.

A friend mentioned there may be a down side to this to see through all the positives and that is they will be under the spot light more so close to Van, more local eyes on them so to say. If the kids can’t handle that it could harm them at an earlier age than some are used to. 

other than that it’s really nice to have to call ups so close. Way more positives here. 

• Cheers 1