The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Travis Hamonic

23 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well when I go check out some threads of the recent signings and going through the pages I keep seeing this one poster attacking other posters who are still not a fan of Benning, like that's you mission to just attack all the posters who are not a fan of Benning still really... 

Just because the person likes him and likes the things he's done the last couple days, doesn't mean everyone is supposed to just start liking him now as well, but if that poster is just going to attack them then I'll stand up for them because they have a right to their opinion still. A couple days of moves and signings is not enough to justify all the bad crap he has done for the last 7 years to start liking him all of a sudden, just because a poster is in love with him and thinks everyone else should be as well.

On 7/28/2021 at 3:30 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You're just going to attack posters who are not a fan of Benning? Get out of here, he makes some signings and in your eyes everyone is supposed to just forget about the last 7 years and turn the switch and now treat Benning like he's some god in your eyes now, go play on Twitter.

On 7/27/2021 at 4:45 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

:lol:

Did I say he was wrong? I said I'm not having this debate with him. Get your facts right before making assumptions, peace out.

You sound like a complete hypocrite. :lol:

• Cheers 2
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, WHL rocks said:

Hughes is not a top pair guy. That's why they got OEL. So Hughes can be sheltered from opposing teams top players. 

You are not wrong, at the moment. I think we all believe that he will be a top pair guy in the future. (Hopefully soon). If OEL can come most of the way back to form and develop a little chemistry with Myers (I know...there is a lot of “if” in that statement) our defence looks pretty damn good. I don’t think any of our top 4 (OEL, Myers, Hughes, Hamonic) are legit defence stars but that is the most solid group I’ve seen on this team in a very long time. 

On 7/28/2021 at 8:49 PM, Toyotasfan said:

Happy we got Hamonic signed. 

Its been a 2 year transition away from Tanev and Edler . It has to be better than last season. 

Nice to see the Canucks reward him with a good stable honest contract. 

Same with Schenn who recognized that Benning and Green had a strong hand in rejuvenating his career on his way to two Cups.

Edited by Me_
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2021 at 3:30 PM, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You're just going to attack posters who are not a fan of Benning? Get out of here, he makes some signings and in your eyes everyone is supposed to just forget about the last 7 years and turn the switch and now treat Benning like he's some god in your eyes now, go play on Twitter.

Hey Chuck

You got the trifecta of bags from the "Faithful"

You know you are a real idiot if you get one more, ( Shayster has not contributed yet)

the funny thing about Dazzler is they said I am not objective"

as if believing everything Jim ever says/does is objective

then they say Daniel talked to OEL and Daniel says OEL will bounce back next year, enough said

so not only will dazzler and the worst crew ever repeat and believe every word from Jimer's maw

Everything from Lord Danky will also be repeated as the gospel truth

that is "Objective" according to Dazzler and the 3 blind mice

• Haha 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 3

3 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hey Chuck

You know you are a real idiot if you get one more, ( Shayster has not contributed yet)

then they say Daniel talked to OEL and Daniel says OEL will bounce back next year, enough said

so not only will dazzler and the worst crew ever repeat and believe every word from Jimer's maw

How about that Hamonic signing, eh?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hey Chuck

People who have a positive outlook on things are part of the worst group ever? You sound miserable lmao 

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, lmm said:

Hey Chuck

Honestly though the best advice to give these guys is results, show me results first, until then it's all blah blah blah, wah wah wah you don't love Benning enough attack attack attack.

• Cheers 1

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I know a lot of folk are pretty married to the Hughes-Hamonic pairing, but I would be interested in seeing what Hamonic could do on the top pairing with OEL. I think they could compliment each other quite well, and I think Poolman and Hughes could compliment each other pretty well too. 

This...

OEL- Hamonic

Hughes- Poolman

Rathbone/Juolevi- Myers

looks a hell of a lot better to me than this...

OEL- Myers

Hughes- Hamonic

Rathbone/Juolevi- Poolman

What Benning has accomplished is he’s got good depth in the lineup, so Green can play guys minutes in roles.  I agree that OEL and Hamonic will get a lot of heavy minutes 5 on 5 and PK.  

• Cheers 3

4 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

I know a lot of folk are pretty married to the Hughes-Hamonic pairing, but I would be interested in seeing what Hamonic could do on the top pairing with OEL. I think they could compliment each other quite well, and I think Poolman and Hughes could compliment each other pretty well too. 

This...

OEL- Hamonic

Hughes- Poolman

Rathbone/Juolevi- Myers

OEL- Myers

Hughes- Hamonic

I think that's how I'm seeing it as well

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Honestly though the best advice to give these guys is results, show me results first, until then it's all blah blah blah, wah wah wah you don't love Benning enough attack attack attack.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Kenny Blankenship said:

People who have a positive outlook on things are part of the worst group ever? You sound miserable lmao 

have you seen the way they talk to people that they do not agree with?

how you define "positive outlook" would be interesting,

If nagging and bagging and trolling in defense of King Jimmer is your idea of positive, then they are the champs

you watch my hockey related posts, ove the next while they will all be accompanied by bags from the faithful.

watch Chuck's too same thing

real beacons of positivity that bunch

7 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

This...

OEL- Hamonic

Hughes- Poolman

Rathbone/Juolevi- Myers

OEL- Myers

Hughes- Hamonic

I like it.

Poolman is not exactly a gifted offensive player, but he's got a decent little shot and did make some nice plays in his College days.

If he learns to be a real defensive rock, he might be the best fit style-wise for Quinn. Maybe swap in Luke "No Funny Business" Schenn where required.

Then you've got Hamonic as a steady defense-first guy, allowing OEL to reclaim some of his former glory in the offensive end. They take on the more difficult competition.

Third pair is a cycle of Rathbone and Juolevi with Myers. Could be good for those guys to play with a veteran who does have some offensive instincts. 

• Cheers 4