Jump to content
The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Travis Hamonic


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

You're just going to attack posters who are not a fan of Benning? Get out of here, he makes some signings and in your eyes everyone is supposed to just forget about the last 7 years and turn the switch and now treat Benning like he's some god in your eyes now, go play on Twitter.

If only more posts in this forum provided this level of insight and meaningful context.

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

JB has done well over the past couple of weeks.

 

But this team still needs a top pair big body RHD if they want to make playoffs and win a round or two. Need a star player at that position.  

 

Only way to acquire that player is via trade and we really can't afford what it would cost.

 

Maybe next off season we get a player like that. 

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, J-P said:

If only more posts in this forum provided this level of insight and meaningful context.

Well when I go check out some threads of the recent signings and going through the pages I keep seeing this one poster attacking other posters who are still not a fan of Benning, like that's you mission to just attack all the posters who are not a fan of Benning still really... 

 

Just because the person likes him and likes the things he's done the last couple days, doesn't mean everyone is supposed to just start liking him now as well, but if that poster is just going to attack them then I'll stand up for them because they have a right to their opinion still. A couple days of moves and signings is not enough to justify all the bad crap he has done for the last 7 years to start liking him all of a sudden, just because a poster is in love with him and thinks everyone else should be as well.

Edited by ChuckNORRIS4Cup
  • Sedinery 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • RoughGame 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WHL rocks said:

JB has done well over the past couple of weeks.

 

But this team still needs a top pair big body RHD if they want to make playoffs and win a round or two. Need a star player at that position.  

 

Only way to acquire that player is via trade and we really can't afford what it would cost.

 

Maybe next off season we get a player like that. 

Or at the trade deadline?

 

I'm hoping Myers will click with OEL, but if not I'm not really sure where Myers fits actually.

 

Best case scenario though we have two top pairing level D:s in OEL and QH and three 2nd pairing RD in Myers/Poolman/Hamonic. If so it's not a bad start, but still lots of unknowns. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well when I go check out some threads of the recent signings and going through the pages I keep seeing this one poster attacking other posters who are still not a fan of Benning, like that's you mission to just attack all the posters who are not a fan of Benning still really... 

 

Just because the person likes him and likes the things he's done the last couple days, doesn't mean everyone is supposed to just start liking him now as well, but if that poster is just going to attack them then I'll stand up for them because they have a right to their opinion still, and a couple days of moves and signings is not enough to justify all the bad crap he has done for the last 7 years, to start liking him all of a sudden because a poster is in love with him and thinks everyone else should be as well.

You can blame Linden for 4 of the 7.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J-P said:

Or at the trade deadline?

 

I'm hoping Myers will click with OEL, but if not I'm not really sure where Myers fits actually.

 

Best case scenario though we have two top pairing level D:s in OEL and QH and three 2nd pairing RD in Myers/Poolman/Hamonic. If so it's not a bad start, but still lots of unknowns. 

Hughes is not a top pair guy. That's why they got OEL. So Hughes can be sheltered from opposing teams top players. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Well when I go check out some threads of the recent signings and going through the pages I keep seeing this one poster attacking other posters who are still not a fan of Benning, like that's you mission to just attack all the posters who are not a fan of Benning still really... 

 

Just because the person likes him and likes the things he's done the last couple days, doesn't mean everyone is supposed to just start liking him now as well, but if that poster is just going to attack them then I'll stand up for them because they have a right to their opinion still. A couple days of moves and signings is not enough to justify all the bad crap he has done for the last 7 years to start liking him all of a sudden, just because a poster is in love with him and thinks everyone else should be as well.

Yeah you mentioned that already.

 

Personnally I prefer sticking to debating players and team related issues rather than discussing who wrote what and why that was unfair/stupid/a personal attack or whatever, but that's just me I guess.

  • Hydration 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

JB has done well over the past couple of weeks.

 

But this team still needs a top pair big body RHD if they want to make playoffs and win a round or two. Need a star player at that position.  

 

Only way to acquire that player is via trade and we really can't afford what it would cost.

 

Maybe next off season we get a player like that. 

Tyler Myers from the Canucks: tall

  • Haha 2
  • Wat 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

JB has done well over the past couple of weeks.

 

But this team still needs a top pair big body RHD if they want to make playoffs and win a round or two. Need a star player at that position.  

 

Only way to acquire that player is via trade and we really can't afford what it would cost.

 

Maybe next off season we get a player like that. 

Parayko but not sure we'd have the cap next year. But he is the missing piece for us. We can make do without but a player like that changes the dynamic for us. We could move out Myers and go with Parayko, Hamonic, Woo but not sure that's good enough. Plus my bet is St. Louis throws alot at him and he stays there.

Edited by Podz19
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

Hughes is not a top pair guy. That's why they got OEL. So Hughes can be sheltered from opposing teams top players. 

 

 

Yeah fair enough, he's only a top pairing guy offensively so far. Agree that a bit more sheltered role will suit QH better at this point. 

  • Like 1
  • Hydration 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, J-P said:

Yeah you mentioned that already.

 

Personnally I prefer sticking to debating players and team related issues rather than discussing who wrote what and why that was unfair/stupid/a personal attack or whatever, but that's just me I guess.

GIF by Chippy the dog

  • Hydration 1
  • Vintage 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Really so relieved we resigned hamonic. By the end of the year he looked so much better. 
 

I truly feel this year he’s Gonna be very good and look like the old hamonic that was desired by most of the league. 
 

cant wait for next year to start now

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

GIF by Chippy the dog

And once in a while, one gets ripped away from the rest and placed with a bunch of other flower corpses referred to as a bouquet, by a man hoping to get laid. 

Edited by PhillipBlunt
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...