The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jaroslav Halak

3 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

A desperate cry for attention from an irrelevant media shill. If Halak plays well….it’s bad news. Okie dokie.

He didn't say it's bad news. He just stated a fact..

He's just the doing his job, reporting. 

As they say. Don't shoot the messenger.  

6 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He didn't say it's bad news. He just stated a fact..

He's just the doing his job, reporting. 

As they say. Don't shoot the messenger.  

He actually stayed a fact and added his opinion, which was meant to be negative and also to diminish what JB accomplished.

If Mr Lalji would have left out the Luongo and Holtby references and instead said that if Halak played well enough to meet his bonus targets, it could mean that the Canucks will make the playoffs and win a round or teo. In that case, would Mr Lalji still be staying a fact?

We’ll never know because Mr Lalji put negative spin on this excellent signing. Just doing his job. 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 2

6 hours ago, PistolPete13 said:

He actually stayed a fact and added his opinion, which was meant to be negative and also to diminish what JB accomplished.

If Mr Lalji would have left out the Luongo and Holtby references and instead said that if Halak played well enough to meet his bonus targets, it could mean that the Canucks will make the playoffs and win a round or teo. In that case, would Mr Lalji still be staying a fact?

We’ll never know because Mr Lalji put negative spin on this excellent signing. Just doing his job. 

Lol. Oh no ....   how dare he say Halak likely plays 10 games next season and gets his bonus. 

If some fans hate the contract and can't handle the details that's not the reporters fault.  

Maybe mods should look into creating a safe space thread.

No posts or links allowed in that thread. Only huggy bear emojis..

Edited by WHL rocks
  • Haha 2
  • Huggy Bear 2

14 hours ago, Kragar said:

How do the bonuses work, capwise?  Do we have flexibility what year they apply to, so that if (when) we get some cap room due to injury, we can apply some/all to 21/22 and whatever is left to 22/23?

All performance bonuses will automatically and entirely carry over into the 2022/23 season.  Unless they can somehow trade Ferland but the cost is probably too expensive.

The Canucks are likely to place Ferland on LTIR as they need access to his 3.5M cap space.  Once a team is in LTIR they can no longer bank cap space and it guarantees that any bonus earned is carried over to the following season as LTIR prevents them from putting cap aside to cover them.  

Edited by mll
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WHL rocks said:

Lol. Oh no ....   how dare he say Halak likely plays 10 games next season and gets his bonus. 

If you hate the contract and can't handle the details that's not the reporters fault.  

Maybe mods should look into creating a safe space on CDC. Maybe a safe space thread. No posts in that thread. Especially with details of any contract JB signs or buys out..  just make a title and leave the thread empty..  

So would that safe space also be for posters who get can’t handle it when someone says anything negative about our local media? 

I don’t mind the contact and I’m not afraid to know the details of it. We can disagree about the contract all day long. 

22 hours ago, Dazzle said:

So Benning can multi task after all.

What a surprise.

Look, a GM that learns from his mistakes! Suck it anti-Benning

To be fair, Benning "learning from his mistakes" and finally heaving a decent off season kind of vindicates the anit-Benning crowd as your acknowledging  they've had some good points and things to be unhappy with up until now lol.

Better late than never. Halak has been the ultimate back up goalie for years now, him and Khubidobin (spelling?? lol). I've wanted one of those 2 goalies for years.

Halak is getting long in the tooth, but damn, his stats are still nice to look at IMO. If any of our prospect goalies falters I could see us re signing him next year too.

2 hours ago, CJ44 said:

To be fair, Benning "learning from his mistakes" and finally heaving a decent off season kind of vindicates the anit-Benning crowd as your acknowledging  they've had some good points and things to be unhappy with up until now lol.

Not at all. We actually have acknowledged he has made mistakes, although you must realize that we are able to see the positive sides as well.

The anti-Benning crowd is only ever capable of seeing the negative.

And as you can see, the same ppl are still criticizing Benning.

So no, if anything, you've given me the opportunity to clarify just how politically motivated they are. Totally irrational I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start reacting positively to you with emotes, as if you spoke their language lol.

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

18 hours ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Seriously I wish a company took me on and paid me millions to fail for 7 years, to then finally figure out how to do my job, must be nice :lol:

Fill in your application....

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Not at all. We actually have acknowledged he has made mistakes, although you must realize that we are able to see the positive sides as well.

The anti-Benning crowd is only ever capable of seeing the negative.

And as you can see, the same ppl are still criticizing Benning.

So no, if anything, you've given me the opportunity to clarify just how politically motivated they are. Totally irrational I wouldn't be surprised if some of them start reacting positively to you with emotes, as if you spoke their language lol.

Politically motivated hey? What is political about it?

Halak is a great signing. Perfect backup for Demko. His effectiveness and Demko's will be greatly influenced by the Canucks significantly improving their defensive play. It really needs to be back to the drawing board and not just for theD. The forwards also need to be better defensively and support the D in transitioning the puck more effectively.

• Cheers 2

47 minutes ago, CJ44 said:

Politically motivated hey? What is political about it?

Is that all you drew from my post?

Political because anything and everything Benning does is apparently bad. Even the fact that a 1 million dollar signing received criticism lmfao.

Yet if you see another GM do it, the analysis from the anti-Benning crowd will acknowledge the merits of said moves.

Are you the type that criticizes someone blindly?

Edited by Dazzle
  • Cheers 3
  • Wat 1
  • Vintage 1
  • RoughGame 1