The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Jaroslav Halak

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Is that all you drew from my post?

Political because anything and everything Benning does is apparently bad. Even the fact that a 1 million dollar signing received criticism lmfao.

Yet if you see another GM do it, the analysis from the anti-Benning crowd will acknowledge the merits of said moves.

Are you the type that criticizes someone blindly?

Settle down partner, I just asked you a simple question that's all. Just asked you to elaborate one of your statements, if you take that at criticism that's on you, not me. 

• Cheers 1
  • RoughGame 1

5 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

Lalji is far from an irrelevant media shill.

And this signing was far from being a terrible signing. (in my opinion).

Cheaping out on your backup goalie can bite you if the TML experience with that is anything to go by. 

Usually I’m ok with FL. This time he struck a nerve and I called him irrelevant. 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. :(

18 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

He didn't say it's bad news. He just stated a fact..

He's just the doing his job, reporting. 

As they say. Don't shoot the messenger.  

Some people can't handle the truth.

Then when they resort to personal attacks, that's a clear sign they don't have a valid argument...

• Upvote 1
  • RoughGame 1

3 minutes ago, PistolPete13 said:

And this signing was far from being a terrible signing. (in my opinion).

Cheaping out on your backup goalie can bite you if the TML experience with that is anything to go by. 

Usually I’m ok with FL. This time he struck a nerve and I called him irrelevant. 2 minutes for unsportsmanlike conduct. :(

I agree, this isn't a terrible signing. I don't think it's fantastic either, fairly neutral.

Halak struggled near the end of his tenure in Boston. He's capable of better, so hopefully the Canucks can get the most out of him.

2 hours ago, CJ44 said:

Settle down partner, I just asked you a simple question that's all. Just asked you to elaborate one of your statements, if you take that at criticism that's on you, not me. 

Funny. I asked you a simple question. If you took that as hostile, that's on you.

:rolleyes: If you actually read my question, you could take it whichever way you want.

• Wat 1
  • RoughGame 1

6 hours ago, CJ44 said:

ouuuuuu.

The narcissistic tendency to gaslight is strong in this one.

Avoid like the plague.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Me_ said:

ouuuuuu.

The narcissistic tendency to gaslight is strong in this one.

Avoid like the plague.

Ahhh yes there's Me_ out of the shadows with absolutely nothing to contribute as usual lol. Go find a safe place for the night. or at least someone who agrees with you....follow your own advice maybe? Not doing a great job at avoiding are you, I'll call you out any chance I get because you make it easy haha.

Edited by CJ44
  • Cheers 1

12 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So, theoretically, if Halak meets his performance clauses, won't that just eat up the Ferland cap that we can't use right now anyways?

Honestly, I have no idea how it works xD

I don’t believe that LTIR cap relief can be banked so it can’t be applied to bonus overages and must therefore be deferred to the following season.

Just now, 48MPHSlapShot said:

So, theoretically, if Halak meets his performance clauses, won't that just eat up the Ferland cap that we can't use right now anyways?

Honestly, I have no idea how it works xD

Halak's bonus will be entirely accounted for in 2022/23.  Ferland's LTIR doesn't allow Vancouver to bank cap space which prevents them from absorbing any bonus this season.

LTIR only gives the daily room needed to remain cap compliant on the day.  They basically forfeit any cap balance that they aren't using, while without LTIR that cap space would be set aside and could be used to pay the bonuses.  As long as they are in LTIR it's not an option and the bonuses are always accounted for the season after.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, mll said:

Halak's bonus will be entirely accounted for in 2022/23.  Ferland's LTIR doesn't allow Vancouver to bank cap space which prevents them from absorbing any bonus this season.

LTIR only gives the daily room needed to remain cap compliant on the day.  They basically forfeit any cap balance that they aren't using, while without LTIR that cap space would be set aside and could be used to pay the bonuses.  As long as they are in LTIR it's not an option and the bonuses are always accounted for the season after.

Do we know we'll be in LTIR? My napkin math shows about $18m left (once obvious players are waived) with only Juolevi (~$1m), Pettersson/Hughes(~$13m) and Dickinson (~$2.5-$3m) to sign while also accounting for Ferland.

That leaves enough for recalls and to bank cap space to either use at the TDL or cover some, or potentially all (depending on how much space they bank) of Halak's bonuses.

• Cheers 1

This thread is proving that the time for my summer hiatus from CDC is closing in. 

All relevant discussion has by the looks of it been finalized and what’s left is insult after another on fellow fans.
You reading this - don’t take it personally. It has been like this here for over 15 years but it feels just as silly every year. It starts 2-3 days after UFA begins and stays that eay until camp.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

50 minutes ago, Spoosh said:

This thread is proving that the time for my summer hiatus from CDC is closing in. 

All relevant discussion has by the looks of it been finalized and what’s left is insult after another on fellow fans.
You reading this - don’t take it personally. It has been like this here for over 15 years but it feels just as silly every year. It starts 2-3 days after UFA begins and stays that eay until camp.

Like clockwork :lol:

Edited by Sharpshooter
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Even though it would leak into next year's cap structure, I would like Halak to meet his performance-based goals (well, 0.919% instead of 0.920% is fine :P)

Would much rather have us pay for good performances than have dead cap and underperformances like we're normally used to from some players.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

On 7/30/2021 at 5:48 AM, Master Mind said:

Some people can't handle the truth.

Then when they resort to personal attacks, that's a clear sign they don't have a valid argument...

Insults are the arguments employed by those in the wrong 

JJR 

• Cheers 4