The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Brady Keeper

1 hour ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

Pretty sure Burroughs is for Abby.  If the Canucks carry 1F, 2D as extras, then at least one of those spare D is likely to be Juolevi.  That leaves one spare D spot to compete for.  Between, Keeper, Bowey, Burroughs and Woo, I would think either Bowey or Keeper would have the best shot at making the roster in that role.  Keeper seems to have a reputation as a very tough, physical D, so I could see him beating out the rest of the group for that last spot simply because the Canucks generally lack that kind of snarl in the blue line (even if he might not regularly be in the line-up).

I'd say it's very likely JR is Abby bound to play big mins

2 hours ago, cuporbust said:

One way deal. He's not going to abby

One does not mean he won't be sent down; it only means he gats paid the same amount to play in either the AHL or NHL.

Also since it is a low NHL number he won't impact the NHL cap when playing in the AHL.

• Cheers 1

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

OJ-Poolman

Schenn

Battle between Keeper and Brisebois for the last depth NHL spot. Rathbone will be playing big minutes in Abbotsford rather than sit in the pressbox, but is always a solid call up option if needed.

3 hours ago, Scottydzik said:

Screw pool man play this kid he’s mean tough and bring different element to the team 

Your posts remind me of this guy.

@canuktravella

On 6/12/2021 at 11:36 AM, canuktravella said:

id give ovi the 6x6 deal ina heart beat are u kidding me legend  who would break 99s record on peteys wing il take 5 more 50 goal seasons from him please

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

Also, not that I'm complaining because it's not my decision, nor my loss/gain, why did Brady Keeper get a one way contract?

image.thumb.png.e58aa696627c3e2f1b99be85617d28c7.png

Am I missing something?

Maybe they see bottom 6 potential in him, reward for sticking up for teammates either way it just means gets the same money in the AHL.

• Cheers 1

21 hours ago, theo5789 said:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

OJ-Poolman

Schenn

Battle between Keeper and Brisebois for the last depth NHL spot. Rathbone will be playing big minutes in Abbotsford rather than sit in the pressbox, but is always a solid call up option if needed.

Rathbone can run the PP in Abby. 

56 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

Rathbone can run the PP in Abby. 

Brad Hunt could likely as well, unless he's one of our NHL extras. But I'd like to see Rathbone get some solid minutes to develop his all round game and Brad Hunt would be the guy he would have to beat as his motivator.

On 7/28/2021 at 9:56 AM, EternalCanuckFan said:

Pretty sure Burroughs is for Abby.  If the Canucks carry 1F, 2D as extras, then at least one of those spare D is likely to be Juolevi.  That leaves one spare D spot to compete for.  Between, Keeper, Bowey, Burroughs and Woo, I would think either Bowey or Keeper would have the best shot at making the roster in that role.  Keeper seems to have a reputation as a very tough, physical D, so I could see him beating out the rest of the group for that last spot simply because the Canucks generally lack that kind of snarl in the blue line (even if he might not regularly be in the line-up).

Training camp brawls ... just like the old days 

• Vintage 1