The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Devante Stephens

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Signing] Canucks sign Devante Stephens
55 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Another BC boy coming back home to play for the Abbotsford Canucks! He's from White Rock. Nice depth signing. And he's another product of the Kelowna Rockets defenseman factory. Nice move for Abby. Could see games in Vancouver if he does well.

He played a fair amount of his first Rockets season with Madison Bowey, if memory serves. Wonder if we’ll see them reunited in Abby?

1 hour ago, PhillipBlunt said:

6'3" 186

Seems to enjoy truculence 

1 hour ago, Nuckin Kingsly said:

But... does he bring... heft? 

I watched him quite a bit in Kelowna.   He was there when Lind was.  He liked to lay the lumber on smaller opposing forwards but when anyone his own size came around he basically kept his hands to himself.   I suspect this signing was motivated by his local connections as he's not exactly an AHL regular at this point in his career. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Quantum said:

Another BC boy coming back home to play for the Abbotsford Canucks! He's from White Rock. Nice depth signing. And he's another product of the Kelowna Rockets defenseman factory. Nice move for Abby. Could see games in Vancouver if he does well.

I think we are quite far away from that point still. But good to have depth.

7 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

He played a fair amount of his first Rockets season with Madison Bowey, if memory serves. Wonder if we’ll see them reunited in Abby?

Oh right, I forgot we have another year of Bowey.