The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Luke Schenn

9 hours ago, J-Dizzle said:

If one of Poolman, Hamonic or Schenn can provide stability alongside of Hughes I think it would help a lot. In his first year, Hughes ability to retrieve and move the puck killed opposing teams attack… this last year we didn’t see that so much. Perhaps that’s a partner issue, perhaps that’s teams gunning for him a bit more… probably a bit of both. 

that being said… as it stands OEL and Meyers looks like the most probably option and that may not work out so well. 

Schenn worked really well with Hughes. I would at least try that pairing to begin with. Schenn didn't take crap from nobody, and if anyone dared try to rough up Quinn, Petey, or anybody else, he stood up for these guys without hesitation. That's definitely something this team needs more of. 

• Cheers 1

On 7/31/2021 at 12:19 AM, BarnBurner said:

Schenn worked really well with Hughes. I would at least try that pairing to begin with. Schenn didn't take crap from nobody, and if anyone dared try to rough up Quinn, Petey, or anybody else, he stood up for these guys without hesitation. That's definitely something this team needs more of. 

He is older now and Hughes is more experienced.

We have a new young, small, offensive D man who could use the same treatment though.  Schenn could be a really good Rathbone partner.

That leaves a hole for where Poolman would fit though.  As Hamonic and Myers would be on the other pairings.

I kind of wonder whether we will se Juolevi on most nights Ibarra did Rathbone just because of partners available to them.  Myers worked Ok with Juolevi.

5 minutes ago, Provost said:

He is older now and Hughes is more experienced.

We have a new young, small, offensive D man who could use the same treatment though.  Schenn could be a really good Rathbone partner.

That leaves a hole for where Poolman would fit though.  As Hamonic and Myers would be on the other pairings.

I kind of wonder whether we will se Juolevi on most nights Ibarra did Rathbone just because of partners available to them.  Myers worked Ok with Juolevi.

Fair enough regarding Schenn being older now. Whether it's Schenn or Poolman, Hughes needs that type of support to be a deterrent.

I suppose we'll all see how it plays out soon enough. 

I expect Schenn will be the 7th guy. 

One or both of Juolevi or Rathbone is likely not playing full time. Just hope whichever one(s) Green wont use is not stuck in the pressbox. No reason to do that now with Abbotsford right there. Let whoever it is play big minutes in Abby.

With Green and Baummgartner I would also not be surprised to see the top 6 as:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Schenn-Poolman

And both Juolevi and Rathbone in Abbotsford or one of them traded.

Edited by wallstreetamigo
  • Cheers 2

34 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

One or both of Juolevi or Rathbone is likely not playing full time. Just hope whichever one(s) Green wont use is not stuck in the pressbox. No reason to do that now with Abbotsford right there. Let whoever it is play big minutes in Abby.

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Schenn-Poolman

I'm pretty sure Juolevi is waiver eligible (and Rathbone not eligible), making the former less likely to be sent down to Abbotsford, unless he really screws the pooch.

• Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Schenn-Poolman

I'm okay with that, except Juolevi would have pass waivers. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Would expect him to be traded then. Or that could mean Rathbone is going to Abbotsford right away.

Who knows? Let's wait till training camp and see how it all plays out. Anyone can speculate all they/we want, but the reality is what really happens. We'll all find out soon enough. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, BarnBurner said:

Who knows? Let's wait till training camp and see how it all plays out. Anyone can speculate all they/we want, but the reality is what really happens. We'll all find out soon enough. 

Lol the whole point of cdc is talking about the team and speculating. Its the offseason. What else should we talk about?

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

OEL-Myers

Hughes-Hamonic

Schenn-Poolman

OJ won'tpass through waivers and they'll lose him

• Cheers 1

31 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I am fine with Rathbone going to Abby. Still think he has shown he can play and be a good two way guy at the nhl level but the numbers dont look good for him at this point since he can be sent down without waivers.

Juolevi needs to play. I think he is ready for full time 3rd pair duty and even some PK time. 

I think he showed very well, but he's waiver exempt and they'll want him playing significant mins, imo.  They have the depth, now, to let him cook awhile

• Cheers 1