The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Luke Schenn

3 minutes ago, NHL'er said:

Always respected him for sticking up for Huggy bear when he got his first assist. @14 second mark he goes after Lewis.

Quinn gave me absolute chills that game. Sad some of the fan base dumped on him during his sophomore season 

• Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

There it is :)

So....

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Hamonic

Juolevi, Poolman

Rathbone, Schenn

Not world beating, but solid. And finally, real, NHL level depth.

I still think JR goes to Abby to be "the" guy there.  Doesn't require waivers and what's the point of having him in the PB?

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, aGENT said:

There it is :)

So....

OEL, Myers

Hughes, Hamonic

Juolevi, Poolman

Rathbone, Schenn

Not world beating, but solid. And finally, real, NHL level depth.

The OEL-Myers pairing has the potential to be scary bad if OEL’s game doesn’t recover and well, just having Myers playing up the lineup. 

2 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Holy schnykies!  Canucks have a lot of D now

Should be a very competitive camp.  Myers, Hamonic, Poolman, Schenn, Keeper, Woo, Bowey, Burroughs will be fighting for RHD spots in Van and Abby.

Also Kelowna Rockets well represented

Schenn, Myers, Bowey, and now Stephens.  Go Rockets!

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, stawns said:

He's ok, but he'll likely watch most of the games from the PB

Most likely. Fill in for injuries or toughness. I don’t think thats the point though. Character guy, sticks up for teammates, fills in when needed

I agree, but they've elevated him to some weird pedestal

It’s because that type of presence is really needed having a young smaller core group of guys. I think inherently as fans we want to know they are protected in some way, shape, form, and at the very least we have a deterrent.

That’s why the Schenns and Hamonic and Guddys of the NHL are still quite revered here. Not because they are god like, but what their presence represents.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1
  • Vintage 1

1 minute ago, Devron44 said:

Most likely. Fill in for injuries or toughness. I don’t think thats the point though. Character guy, sticks up for teammates, fills in when needed

I have zero issue with the signing.  I like it, just don't get the sentiment around him.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, stawns said:

Fine with this deal, but a lot of fans have created some weird myth around this guy

He was an absolute beast in that 18 game sample. Hit everything that moved when we had a real soft team. Lets see how it goes this time :) 

• Like 2

I still think JR goes to Abby to be "the" guy there.  Doesn't require waivers and what's the point of having him in the PB?

You’re absolutely correct.  Juolevi has paid his dues and we all know all those inevitable injuries on defence require capable call ups to fill in

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1