The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Luke Schenn

14 minutes ago, Me_ said:

I think as a 31 years old, as the 5OA08, and as a punishing DD Luke Schenn may be Hughes’ partner indeed. They complemented each other perfectly.

Can Schenn endure that much TOI?
Only Schenn knows.

EOL - HAMONIC

HUGHES - SCHENN

JUOLEVI - MYERS

That is some serious depth on defense.

Out of that comes the 5OA16 not one doubt.

I was kidding as being his full time partner, but I can see him being spotted in with Quinn, especially for playing bigger teams.  Or if Quinn's normal partner is injured. And definitely in the playoffs.  Quinn probably needs a bit more of a mobile creative main partner at his stage of development now and going forward.

• Vintage 1

8 minutes ago, Elias Pettersson said:

I keep calling Jim but I am getting his voicemail. Maybe I try back in the afternoon.  :)

Hey, how about offering to take 5m x 10y?    That's $50 million US dollars!   430,237,500.00 SWEDISH KRONA!!!!!   DO IT!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DrJockitch said:

The OEL-Myers pairing has the potential to be scary bad if OEL’s game doesn’t recover and well, just having Myers playing up the lineup. 

Yawl understand that it also has a chance to be scary good right?

1 hour ago, Dazzle said:

Suck it @Silky mitts!

And all your anti-Benning friends. @combover @kanucks25 @Squamfan

LOL.

Notice how not one of these people praise these signings and Benning's good work this offseason. This team is going the right direction FOR SURE.

Dude you are on the list of fav posters love it when you guys stick it to those fake fans who many of us know is one guy with multiple accounts.

Edited by CanuckleHorse
  • Thanks 1

Glad we got Schenn back, this team rarely goes back to players it gives up on. Luke played well for us, was one of our best players in a very bad season, and still has some grit to his game. I think he'll start as our 7/8th defenceman but probably rotate into the lineup for more physical matchups.

• Cheers 1
  • Vintage 1

21 minutes ago, Me_ said:

Yawl understand that it also has a chance to be scary good right?

I do, but the potential is there for it to go either way. OEL could be very good for us, don’t think pairing him with Myers is the path to that success though. 

Edited by DrJockitch

9 minutes ago, DrJockitch said:

I do, but the potential is there for it to go either way. OEL could be very good for us, don’t think pairing him with Myers is the path to that success though. 

Watch Myers thrive.

One aspect of this signing that I really like is that Schenn has significant insight into what it’s like to be a top-5ish draft pick that failed to live up to the hype but managed to turn things around after getting out of Toronto.  Perhaps he can help Juolevi avoid the psychological mistakes he made and help Juolevi rise back up to reach the heights that made us pick him in the first place.  Beyond that he’s a great fit locker room wise because it’s not an easy role to be a press box teammate without being sour and there’s just no way this guy is sour after winning as many Cups (and earned as much money)as he has.  Signing for basically minimum wage just shows what kind of character this guy has.

Edited by Millerdraft
It’s kinda like Billy Bean’s story except that Schenn managed to turn it around as a player
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2
  • Vintage 1