The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Defense starts at the neutral zone. That’s the area we need to improve on the most.

Doesn’t matter who’s defending if the forwards give the opposition free reign to skate full speed through the neutral zone.

True. Also helps when the D can actually get the puck out of the D zone, preferably with an open forward in sight. OEL and a much improved top 9 will do wonders here, as will OJ/Rathbone.

• Hydration 1
3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

I think Luke has a bit or gratitude for our club that he's willing to take on a cheap contract and be a depth role player for us. Before we traded for him, he was basically AHL fodder. He came here and became a bit of a fan favourite after finding a niche for what he should do and got interest from Tampa and now is a two time Stanley Cup champ. His name isn't on the Cup if we didn't "revive" his career.

Sure doesn't hurt having someone on our D with some extended & recent playoff experience, too.

• Hydration 1
11 minutes ago, Kragar said:

Sure doesn't hurt having someone on our D with some extended & recent playoff experience, too.

And whose path getting there wasn’t a conventional one. Tons that young players can learn from Schenn. 

• Burr 1
6 hours ago, Me_ said:

I think as a 31 years old, as the 5OA08, and as a punishing DD Luke Schenn may be Hughes’ partner indeed. They complemented each other perfectly.

Can Schenn endure that much TOI?
Only Schenn knows.

EOL - HAMONIC

HUGHES - SCHENN

JUOLEVI - MYERS

That is some serious depth on defense.

Out of that comes the 5OA16 not one doubt.

Rathbone over Juo

• Hydration 1

hellllll ya. A perfect depth signing to rebrand the Canucks after last year's soft performance. Stoked he wanted to come back. Got rid of all the toxic players and bringing in people who wanna be here. Gonna be a different team next year from last

• Vintage 1
3 hours ago, JesseBlue said:

Two time cup champ has decided the Canucks are his best chance to get number 3. 

In my lifetime please!

Schenn will = Maroon. Three in a row with two different teams!

Edited by rekker
  • Like 1
11 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

He was interviewed on SN650 this afternoon…..he sounds thrilled to be back in Vanc.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/peoples-show/july-28-hour-2-jim-benning-and-luke-schenn-join-the-peoples-show/

I believe he lives in Kelowna in the off season? Back in BC with a couple shiny rings. Nice job big guy, you've come a long ways from those crap Leafs teams. Lol.