The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks: most improved team next year?

Rate this topic

steviewonder20

On 8/7/2021 at 3:10 PM, IBatch said:

Plus Linden...plus Babych, plus Ronning.   Not just the 94 run but ones before and after.   Until Linden was traded, after 89 where we almost buried the cup champs (OTTO kicked it in), that team was pretty much gaurenteed to make it to the second round.  Even his second time through he still overperformed for his role.   Without checking and truly i don't know, i'm going to bet Linden is the all-time Canuck leader in assists and goals come the post season.     Sedins should be though. 

Edit:  Sure different eras but...look at the PGP all-time leaders ... only the Sedins and Samuelson for their era break the top ten.   Guess who leads them .. 7, 8 and 10 ...  At 11 is Horvat creeping up on D Sedin.   Kesler at 14...  not much ahead of Jovo. 

Frickin' Otto!

I usually wear #16 for a reason! :)

The Jim Robson description of Linden after Game 6 vs. the Rangers gets me every time. He Will Play!!!

• Vintage 1

According to “Dom’s model” from the athletic we’re the 6th most improved team and one of only two who improved while shedding salary.  

Of course, his write up is entirely crapping all over the team because of OEL and Poolman. 

• 3 months later...
On 8/2/2021 at 6:21 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

I will make you a bet, I will bet you $1000 to Canuck place and the loser has to post receipt to CDC as prove.

My Bet the Canucks will finish top 10 in PP, PK, fewest goals allowed, most goals for.

Do you take my Bet. I feel you won't. 

Not expecting you to pay this out unlike maybe @Duodenum but  boy what a difference a few months makes. We are trending bottom 10 in all those cats

I will make you a bet, I will bet you $1000 to Canuck place and the loser has to post receipt to CDC as prove.

My Bet the Canucks will finish top 10 in PP, PK, fewest goals allowed, most goals for.

laughing-laugh.gif

• Haha 3

And that was the last time they ever herd from arrow 1983

Ricky Gervais Lol GIF

4 hours ago, MaxVerstappen33 said:

A thread like this just goes to show how chaotic and complicated everything is. Sure, have a laugh at the guy making the bet. But on paper that's what he believed. And he had some conviction. But he was wrong. As was Jim Benning.

Im glad I don't have the job.

Yep. Was not a fan of JB. Was impressed with the summer trades. Expected  a lot more as a result, and I was dead wrong. It’s a tire fire and I hate the continued mediocrity of this team. We need more than to simply fire Green and Baumer. Hard to know where to start but I thought we had more talent than being a bottom feeder. Petey’s terrible play doesn’t help.

Edited by steviewonder20
  • Cheers 1

On 8/2/2021 at 12:45 PM, kloubek said:

I think that last year, we should have been a playoff team. Not a cup contender, but at least make the playoffs. But alas, everything went wrong.

But with the improvements, I not only see us as a playoff team but a division leader.

Well, this aged poorly.

I maintain we have a decent team, on paper. I think Benning did a decent job in the offseason retooling. But whatever is wrong with the team (and has been for some time) needs to be fixed. If its a locker room cancer, trade him. If it's the coach, fire him. 

This team can and should be far better.