The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks sign Sheldon Rempal

Sheldon Rempal has agreed to terms on a one-year deal. Rempal, 25, split the 2020.21 season between the Carolina Hurricanes and the AHL's Chicago Wolves. He was held off the scoresheet in three games with the Hurricanes and posted 14 points (4-10-14) and six penalty minutes in 25 games with the Wolves.

The 5'10", 165-pound forward has appeared in 10 career NHL games with the Los Angeles Kings and Carolina Hurricanes and made his NHL debut on October 18, 2018 vs the New York Islanders. In 140 career AHL games split between the Ontario Reign and Chicago Wolves, Rempal has tallied 75 points (23-52-75) and 74 penalty minutes.

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/canucks-sign-seven-players-to-two-way-contracts/c-325850124

Just now, Pears said:

I can’t remember a free agency where we had this many signings for both clubs. 

For real though, Benning and co putting in work like nobody else 

• Hydration 2
2 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

In one day, management has nearly completed the rosters of two teams.

What's cool is the picked up a lot of players that have NHL experience.  There will be some excellent competion for who gets the callups for injuries.  It will also make sure that Gadjovich, Lockwood, and Woo really have to earn their minutes in the AHL and callups to the show.

• Hydration 3
5 minutes ago, tas said:

I think that's 16 JB signings today by my count. 

17 from what I can tell, and this is just day one

We haven't even gotten all our RFA's done yet :lol:

1 minute ago, Dixon Ward said:

What's cool is the picked up a lot of players that have NHL experience.  There will be some excellent competion for who gets the callups for injuries.  It will also make sure that Gadjovich, Lockwood, and Woo really have to earn their minutes in the AHL and callups to the show.

That's a good point about earning their minutes.  This AHL team is stocked with experienced pros.  Prospects are both insulated and challenged to elevate themselves.

I know the AHL has a veteran limit so I wonder how all these signings affect that?

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Sharing an AHL team with St Louis....

and having so many Laffs leftovers to clear out....

Clearly left lots of room to bring in new faces.

Baby Canucks are being shared?