The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tucker Poolman | #5 | D

-AJ-

6 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

I feel much better about the Poolman signing after reading this

thats a really good read. So the Evolving Hockey guys had TP's projected contract at 2.4 mil aav? I'd like to see that but its subscriber only.

It really shows how those weenies at the Athletic are cherry picking their stats. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a really good read. So the Evolving Hockey guys had TP's projected contract at 2.4 mil aav? I'd like to see that but its subscriber only.

It really shows how those weenies at the Athletic are cherry picking their stats. 

Stats in team sports like NHL with fast paced changes are not trustworthy as they can easily be manipulated or appear wrong.

All these people that rely on stats have no idea about the sport. Such a waste of time talking to most of them

5 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

Stats in team sports like NHL with fast paced changes are not trustworthy as they can easily be manipulated or appear wrong.

All these people that rely on stats have no idea about the sport. Such a waste of time talking to most of them

I'm actually more curious about the salary projection, its almost bang on to what we made. 

On 7/30/2021 at 12:25 PM, MrCanuck94 said:

The difference between his offensive outputs the last two seasons is confusing :lol:

Apparently he caught the virus during the season.  He said it took him a long time to recover and that it really threw him off his game.

• Cheers 2

19 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

What number are you taking, and why in Gord's name did you come into this online asylum?

Was thinking about number 69 but that's a bit juvenile so I'll just ask if there are any single digit numbers available and go from there.

18 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

What's up with the hand next to your avatar?

It's me waving hello to the fans of Vancouver :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Tucker Poolman said:

I'm enthusiastic and ready to bring my defensive talents to the great city of Vancouver!

Vancouver is a great city as well B.C.s the place to be.

Gotta say though it's kinda hot and smokey right about now.

Welcome and looking forward to your enthusiasm and defensive contributions:canucks:

Edited by Cat Man
  • Upvote 1

On 8/2/2021 at 6:59 AM, Mackcanuck said:

I feel much better about the Poolman signing after reading this

Like I posted before he does have upside in point production. In every level of hockey he has produce points. His last year in the NHL was a head scratcher as to why only one point, but maybe he just had to make up for too many mistake by his D partner.  

• Like 1
  • Cheers 2

42 minutes ago, vancan2233 said:

Like I posted before he does have upside in point production. In every level of hockey he has produce points. His last year in the NHL was a head scratcher as to why only one point, but maybe he just had to make up for too many mistake by his D partner.  

On 8/2/2021 at 7:08 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

I like your post and I liked Poolman signing 28, 6'2, 200lbs, RD  #4 - #5 D man, will play 19 --22 mins very good solid game..

• Vintage 1

36 minutes ago, Dazzle said:

It's funny how some fans who rattled this signing have merely repeated their opinions (not facts) about the player, but they do this for almost every 'overpaid' player. Tucker Poolman doesn't deserve the treatment he received in the other thread. Hopefully the real one will just ignore the noise. We have such an embarrassing fanbase sometimes.

Great post, so man negative people..Good thing is the players don't read or listen to social media...I like Canucks signings...

1.OEL #2 D --  21-23 mins  --35 PTS

2. Garland top 6 -- 25-28 G -- 65 PTS

3.Dickinson #3 C/ W -- Solid shut down guy 27 -33 points

4. Hamonic - 19 -21 Mins -- Defensive game will be good

5. Poolman - 18 --21 mins -- will play good defensive game

6. Schenn  -14--16 mins  Good leader  depth guy

7. Halak --#2  Very good

Rathbone - Will take big step # 4 D man before Xmas

Podkolzin-- 20 YRS  -  6'2 ,210 lbs -- 18-21 G -- 36-40 PTS -- Will play great 

VERY EXCITING SEASON.....

• Cheers 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, wildcam said:

Great post, so man negative people..Good thing is the players don't read or listen to social media...I like Canucks signings...

1.OEL #2 D --  21-23 mins  --35 PTS

2. Garland top 6 -- 25-28 G -- 65 PTS

3.Dickinson #3 C/ W -- Solid shut down guy 27 -33 points

4. Hamonic - 19 -21 Mins -- Defensive game will be good

5. Poolman - 18 --21 mins -- will play good defensive game

6. Schenn  -14--16 mins  Good leader  depth guy

7. Halak --#2  Very good

Rathbone - Will take big step # 4 D man before Xmas

Podkolzin-- 20 YRS  -  6'2 ,210 lbs -- 18-21 G -- 36-40 PTS -- Will play great 

VERY EXCITING SEASON.....

I really like the Tucker Poolman signing.  He's listed at 6'4" 217 lbs. on the UND and Elite Prospects websites (rather than the 6'2" 199 lbs. that he's listed at on the NHL.com site), so I think we're going to be seeing a much bigger player than originally thought.  His father is the Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach of the UND hockey program, so it could be that Poolman has leaned out and has developed more of a "hockey body" since becoming a pro (as opposed to "filling out").

Beyond the size that Poolman brings to the team, he played a shut-down role at UND and was the stay-at-home guy for Josh Morrissey, and did a good job in that role.  As some others have posted here, Poolman looks to have some significant offensive skills in his tool box.

So I'm going to say it, if it hasn't been said already -- he's going to be what Chris Tanev was, except bigger and more durable.  That's my prediction.  At $2.5M cap hit, Canucks fans are going to fall in love with Tucker Poolman.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tucker Poolman grab no. 8.

Edited by bigbadcanucks
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 1

Encouraging read and a very encouraging off-season.  Just waiting with bated breath for Elias and Quinn to sign.  I like the additions, but I really like the subtractions.....some for inefficient cap spending and others to seemingly change the culture of the team (e.g. removing Jake).  It would be nice to have a tough guy option (toughness by committee is needed too, but having someone who can really police the scene is a bonus) and another top 9 player but these are smaller requests versus what the team needed a month ago.  I didn't know Poolman but wondered why there was so much discussion on the boards about him other than the media didn't like the contract.  His contract seems pretty movable if he doesn't work out but fingers crossed that he and the rest of the team gel nicely.

Edited by NHL97OneTimer
  • Cheers 4

On 8/5/2021 at 10:13 PM, bigbadcanucks said:

I really like the Tucker Poolman signing.  He's listed at 6'4" 217 lbs. on the UND and Elite Prospects websites (rather than the 6'2" 199 lbs. that he's listed at on the NHL.com site), so I think we're going to be seeing a much bigger player than originally thought.  His father is the Athletic Trainer and Strength and Conditioning Coach of the UND hockey program, so it could be that Poolman has leaned out and has developed more of a "hockey body" since becoming a pro (as opposed to "filling out").

Beyond the size that Poolman brings to the team, he played a shut-down role at UND and was the stay-at-home guy for Josh Morrissey, and did a good job in that role.  As some others have posted here, Poolman looks to have some significant offensive skills in his tool box.

So I'm going to say it, if it hasn't been said already -- he's going to be what Chris Tanev was, except bigger and more durable.  That's my prediction.  At $2.5M cap hit, Canucks fans are going to fall in love with Tucker Poolman.

Wouldn't mind seeing Tucker Poolman grab no. 8.

LOL Poolman is our Chris Tanev. Geez what are you smoking?

• Like 1