The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) Halak doesn't make it ten games

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

Just now, captainhorvat said:

This will not happen…Demko gets injured for a playoff run and we’re gonna roll with Dipeitro??? Chill man

There you go.

We're one injury away from Halak being our #1 starter and MikeyD our full time backup.

The contract seems incentive and performance laden.

I'm looking forward to Halak's arrival and his salary and term is outstanding.

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This is an absolutely brutal hot take.  You're seriously going root against our backup performing well so he doesn't get paid the money he deserves?  I would be so happy if Halak went 11-6-3 and gladly pay him the bonus.  You're actually WANTING him to fail.  Come on man.

If doesn't mean rooting for it.

I just think MD is Better

4 minutes ago, Cat Man said:

There you go.

We're one injury away from Halak being our #1 starter and MikeyD our full time backup.

The contract seems incentive and performance laden.

I'm looking forward to Halak's arrival and his salary and term is outstanding.

In that scenario I would say MD becomes the starter he would over take Halak

30 minutes ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

interesting idea, but I really think they want Mikey to have a full year in Abby. 

1 hour ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

Yeah this is definitely not happening 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

Halak has had a save % over .900 for almost the last 10 years - he brings everything we need for a backup and IF Demko goes down he can carry the workload AND he also gets to study under Ian Clark

Mikey needs 60+ games in the AHL to hone his skills AND he also will benefit from having Clark just down the road

• Upvote 1

Halak has to be one of the least controversial signings Benning has made to date. The dude only has one season in his entire career where he had a save percentage under .900 and and that was back in 2012/13 (He also only had a 2.14 GAA that year).

He's also only had one season where his GAA was over 3.

He's been incredibly consistent and has to be one of the best backup options out there.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Bonehead..

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1