The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) Halak doesn't make it ten games

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

5 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

Even assuming that would work, it is an excellent way to make sure you overpay for every free agent forever. These guys are human and they talk, screw over Halak like that and they won't ever get a decent UFA again.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, 131313 said:

Even assuming that would work, it is an excellent way to make sure you overpay for every free agent forever. These guys are human and they talk, screw over Halak like that and they won't ever get a decent UFA again.

You like most don't get it if Halak plays like Holtby does he deserve to be here and cost the Canucks an extra 1.25 mill

• Wat 2

It's perhaps worth mulling such crud, IF Jaro hits a yr where his age shows & his health goes to pot. Very unlikely..but I guess Van could figure a tactful 'out' for both parties, if the guy's body crumbled.

Better to gamble on this guy hanging in form, then to hope Holtby can somehow rediscover the game he once had.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Arrow 1983 said:

You like most don't get it if Halak plays like Holtby does he deserve to be here and cost the Canucks an extra 1.25 mill

Why would he play like Holtby?  He is a well established backup who made a career on being solid but not spectacular, not sure why we would expect any different.

5 hours ago, Bob.Loblaw said:

This is an absolutely brutal hot take.  You're seriously going root against our backup performing well so he doesn't get paid the money he deserves?  I would be so happy if Halak went 11-6-3 and gladly pay him the bonus.  You're actually WANTING him to fail.  Come on man.

Lol this arrow guy is a clown acting like its his money

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

What if Halak performs like Holtby 

JB learned his lesson 

Learned his lesson? 

Benning is a grown up man. He and his father knows everything you can do in NHL wich is shown now. 

If you think that he does mistakes, think again.

With your analysing skills you could probably understand why Benning spent up to the cap limit while the Canucks still were at bottom. 

A design by purpose. 

16 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

Demko goes down this team is done

This isn't for just the Canucks but 90% of the teams I hate that responds any team lose their starter it is an up hill climb 

Holy crap man, your a one man forum all by your self

• Cheers 1

they agreed on these low bonus thresholds specifically so that they could pay him a wage that he thought was fair while deferring the caphit until next year. the bonuses were designed to be hit. 

On 7/28/2021 at 5:23 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

Nope just like the younger guy better

Yeah I can't blame you. An NHL .78 save percentage and gaa of 7.05something is pretty convincing.

This is not a time to thrust him into a permanent backup role imo. He has proven nothing at this level. I wouldn't be surprised to see him get in a game or two under the right circumstances, but playing starter minutes in Abbotsford is what he should and will be doing.

• Cheers 1