The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Prediction) Halak doesn't make it ten games

Rate this topic

Arrow 1983

I sometimes forget that Arrow is the resident troll of this forum.  His/her hot takes are absolutely brutal.  Praising Benning for every good move he makes.  Defending him for every bad move he makes ("it's not his fault XXX performed poorly").  Suggesting that Quinn Hughes is expendable.  Predicting Loui Eriksson to have a breakout season this past year.  That's just fishing for reactions.

• Thanks 1

On 7/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, tas said:

they agreed on these low bonus thresholds specifically so that they could pay him a wage that he thought was fair while deferring the caphit until next year. the bonuses were designed to be hit. 

Yeah I can just envision it now:

”$#%!, Halak is 9-0 with a .925 save %!  Quick!  Put this guy on waivers before Green puts him back out there!  Hehehe, preferably before any player agents get wind of this and let’s any other agents know about this ingenious plan!!  

What do you mean we can’t place him on the waiver wire?  Who gave him a NMC?!  It’s almost as if his agents prevented us from pulling such an honourable move!”

Pure troll is troll?

• Vintage 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

You must be involved with Canucks Management coming with that ingenious thinking !

WILE E COYOTE GENIUS AT WORK Rare Warner Bros Studio Store Statue  ROADRUNNER TNT - $16.98 | PicClick

• Haha 1

On 7/28/2021 at 4:13 PM, Arrow 1983 said:

Halak's bonus doesn't kick in till he plays in 10 games I believe this will never happen. With Demko as starter I believe the Canucks can stretch out 9 games for Halak into December or even up to Christmas by then Deipitro will have played a bunch of games in the AHL and prove he is better than Halak. JB at that point will waive Halak and save the team 1.25 mill in cap next season. JB I think this is the smartest contract signed in a long time. It is just like a contract for a rookie who has to be sent to the minors because he doesn't qualify for the farm team.

On 7/28/2021 at 4:18 PM, thejazz97 said:

You think Demko will play 73 games? lmao

.............and just you wait until Ha-Ha-HaLak goes 9-0 and challenges Demko for No.1 Spot.     Just wait and see...........................

On 7/29/2021 at 5:35 AM, Arrow 1983 said:

You like most don't get it if Halak plays like Holtby does he deserve to be here and cost the Canucks an extra 1.25 mill

If and if.... 

It's peanuts for one of the most important positions on the team. 
Holtby sucked, and if Canucks hopes to be a play off team, they need the back up to win games as well. And it is only for 1 year...

On top of that, if Benning could be seen to do anything towards this, he could wave this sort of deals good bye in the future.....

Edited by spook007
  • Cheers 1

First of all the NMC wasn't announced when I wrote this and now I am going to make a bolder prediction.

Halak will never play ten games and Martin Spencer will take the back up spot well Halak sits in the press box as the third goalie. That's right I predict at some point The Canucks will carry 3 goalies. 

• Haha 1
  • Wat 1

4 hours ago, Arrow 1983 said:

First of all the NMC wasn't announced when I wrote this and now I am going to make a bolder prediction.

Halak will never play ten games and Martin Spencer will take the back up spot well Halak sits in the press box as the third goalie. That's right I predict at some point The Canucks will carry 3 goalies. 

Charlie Day GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

• Haha 1