The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Coyotes trade Darcy Kuemper to Avalanche for Conor Timmins, 2022 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 3rd-round pick

52 minutes ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

2022 1st Rd Pick, I assume?

ARI continuing to stock up on picks.  If this is a 2022 1st Rd pick, then that's 8 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2022.

They look like my first year of franchise mode every time :lol: ( picks wise )

1 hour ago, Coconuts said:

Arizona did well to take advantage of a cornered Avs organization. But really, how long will their forever rebuild go on? They've only had a handful of truly competitive squads throughout their history. The NHL would move Winnipeg again before punting Arizona out of the desert. 

Sure, Arizona has a large market, but that don't mean &^@# all if the people there don't really care about the Coyotes. 

In Arizona the sports they care about is in this order:

Pro Football

Pro Basketball

Pro Baseball

College football

college basketball 

college baseball

high school football

high school basketball 

high school baseball

peewee football

darts

bowling

arm wrestling

competitive eating 

probably a bunch of other things I’ve left out

pro hockey

• Cheers 2

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Trade] Coyotes trade Darcy Kuemper to Avalanche for Conor Timmins, 2022 1st-round pick, conditional 2024 3rd-round pick
2 hours ago, EternalCanuckFan said:

2022 1st Rd Pick, I assume?

ARI continuing to stock up on picks.  If this is a 2022 1st Rd pick, then that's 8 picks in the first 2 rounds in 2022.

It doesn’t matter cause after ELC’s are done there is a good some of those players are wanting to leave or getting traded - one of the teams that are ever rebuilding and challenging for the lottery cup.  JB and his team seems to had found a better & cheaper way of building his prospect pool - the 5th, 6th and 7th rounds; hopefully, JB should just accumulate as much picks from these rounds and instruct his team to scout for players in this range - utter genius; even the great Gillis didn’t take advantage of this great sorcen of prospects.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

54 minutes ago, Aladeen said:

In Arizona the sports they care about is in this order:

Pro Football

Pro Basketball

Pro Baseball

College football

college basketball 

college baseball

high school football

high school basketball 

high school baseball

peewee football

darts

bowling

arm wrestling

competitive eating 

probably a bunch of other things I’ve left out

pro hockey

Sounds about right

3 hours ago, DeNiro said:

Oh man big price to pay for a 31 year old with one year left on his contract.

Colorado got desperate when they shouldn’t have been.

No way he doesnt resign unless theres serious cap concerns. I think Avs just traded for the 2022 Stanley Cup here

Damn this.  Timmins is a young defenseman I've wanted for some time.

And I very rarely doubt the work of Sakic, but that seems like panic value paid for Kuemper  - with one year of term....(after losing Grubauer).

It looks like GMs closed ranks somewhat in icing out Ron Francis - but he adjusted, and gameplanned it better than I think a lot of people perceive to this point.

He retained a lot of leverage when teams wouldn't pony up up front - seems to have played a strong role in setting the market for defensemen high, and then used his cap space (which he still has 16 million of) to poach a few of the better UFAs who hit free agency.   And he's still poised to have the kind of leverage that very few teams do.

• Vintage 1

12 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

Seattle dropped the ball. I thought they were snatching up goalies for currency and when somebody desperately needed one they weren’t in on it.

Kuemper was protected by Arizona.  Really don't see which goalie they could have picked to trade further for value.  There were really not many quality goalies available in the expansion draft.  Several not worth their cap hits like Holtby, Koskinen and also quite a few AHLers and UFAs.  

Seattle looked to have also been more focused on constructing a team.  Driedger/Vanecek were projected to be their starting tandem - they never expected Grubauer to be available.  Still were able to get a 2nd round pick for Vanecek although they didn't have that in mind when they picked him.